Value Village
Savers/Value Village

Value Village Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Easy work all across the board. Excellent work hours. Good supervisors and mod's. There is no Hassel. You have to be strong to work. Very good schedule.
Pros
Some times free lunch
Cons
Not very clean.
I started working here since 2017, I have no problem to my co-workers and supervisor, they’re sooooo nice and helpful. But the store manager is really strict when it comes to work well i understand him but the thing is he make his own rules in the store that’s why it’s more confusing. He always check camera’s in the office so he can see a lot of team member who’s truly responsible. The only thing I don’t want with him is the way he talked behind’s back, he doesn’t direct you the problem. Been working here almost 3 years but I haven’t receive salary up ... I mean it’s only increasing cents .. also if you don’t have patient to other this is not for youu..
Pros
Long hours, fun workplace
Cons
No salary increase, rude customers, too many rules for employees
Work load is hard for little payfriendly coworkers, like familylearned a lot about merchandisingmost enjoyable part is working with good peoplemanagement can use some work
Pros
quarterly bonuses
Cons
pay
You move heavy materials from dirty bins and sort them out. This is a really rough job and all you do is stand up all day. Moving all the time - fast fast and fast. For minimum wages??? Look elsewhere!!!
Pros
Weekdays only
Cons
DUST Bed Bugs and miserable staff. Managers are rich, mean and do nothing.
Production Supervisor: Daily reports, schedules, training staff, coaching. Making sure that company protocols and policies are applied on a daily basis.Running hourly, daily, weekly and monthly reports to hit quotas. Problem solving daily and making sure that all staff of 25 plus are properly trained and understand their daily job duties.
The staff definitely made it feel like home. The management on the other hand was very unstable, they constantly kept loosing good supervisors and hiring new ones. A lot of the people who end up in management realize that their just given more work for not that much of a raise.
Pros
Discounts on clothes ( I was a fashion student at the time)
Cons
No free meals on horrific sale days
It's like a little community. There is the production team in the back and the retail associates in the front. We all work collaboratively to put out new items and clean up the store. Management is good for the most part but they need to balance out schedules better because it's not consistent. They also hire too many people which leads to reduced hours.
It was good working in value village its just that management is not good to look after team members difficulty and they are least bother.And my qualification is different than what work i was doing basically i was bit over qualified for that job thanku
Used items based business, need to check if any allergies u have in advance. Customer service is most important in any factor as any other retail business.
It is an exciting place to work and offers great opportunity to grow on the job. It is non discriminatory and a fast paced place to work. You also work in a fairly friendly environment. Tea, coffee and chocolate are always available for workers consumption. The workers are hardworking and the management very effective. Everyone works hard there including the management staff .
I started working at value village January 2020 and I had a good experience there. I resumed work 6am and close 2pm and it was really nice working with them over there
I punch in go to my work station, Diligently sorted all incoming clothing merchandise and arranged them all on hangers, organized bedding and clothing products on store front and provided exceptional customer service.
Pros
2 15 minute break 30 minutes for lunch
Cons
No over time, must work on sale day no choice
While working at my specific Value Village, I thought it was a very fun workplace, as long as everyone was doing their job. Which 90% of the time was not the case. The organizers at fitting room didn't organize, the person cleaning the sales floor didn't do it properly, and two of the managers were never to be seen half the time.
Although it was like a nearly new shop, the management was pretty thorough when it came to floors, and always having everything organize d all the time! Now at first I thought that the managers were being a bit pessimistic, but I found after a while when the store was busy, and noone was reorganizing and putting everything back into the appropriate section, according to specific colors as well, well to put it mildly...the store looked really bad. Of course that meant working after the store closed, and noone left till all the merchandise were back where they should be. If you wish to get off right when you are scheduled, and don't want to put in a few extra hours here and there, this isn't the job for you. The job interview was a little more detailed than I thought going into it, but the questions were on point, as to developing an idea of who you are. Like I mentioned above, doing things right, and properly all the time sort of was there approach to all employees....which led to everyone being treated properly, and equal. I have also worked in other retail outlets and I gotta say the management ran the store efficiently and with that said, after a few weeks of being employed, I was getting the hang of everything, but when I did something contrary to procedure, the employees were very helpful in correcting me, which led me to believe we were a team. So yes, I found the rest of the staff to very positive and the environment while working was good, and never did I feel apprehensive to asking someone for assistance. If anything the customers were always looking for - more...
Pros
Good management, good environment, friendly co-workers
Cons
Extra hours not scheduled, seasonal employment, customers were contraval
Dirt place to work, no training properly. Management don't care about the team. The only thing is important to them is to make money. Unsafe place to work. Don't pay time and half when work at night.
The management were like loving parents that wanted you to suceed in everything you do. The team would always help each other when we had the time so that we can all be on track. It was a great first job experience for me.
Very routine and little room is given for innovation. A strict compliance to how it has always been and huge distraction to how it could be made better. Employees well being is not treated as it should neglecting the popular thought that you as made by the talent within your organisation.
While the shifts went by fast, the job was fast paced and at times stressful. Always lots to do, and none of it fell into a consistent job title. The break room was also quite hectic, and at times very dirty.
A very low salary & demanding stressful workplace, Management is not good, slow career advancement, Management our not respectful & values our not being instilled from the management & all employees. I worked here for many years, until i left because of really bad experienced.
Management gives great support and inquiries about ways to improve the work atmosphere daily. Easy routine in place, gives workers the confidence to preform regular job duties.
I personally worked at the Rogers rd. site and once they switched management it made the job impossible to keep. There was a front end supervisor harassing me and when I tried to tell management I was ignored. Sadly, that being said I decided to leave Value village and continue with my studies as my main focus. I look forward to a better job hopefully as rewarding as this one first was.
Pros
Workplace employee to employee dynamic.
Cons
Long hours, physically demanding, terrible management