Value Village
Savers/Value Village

Value Village Employee Reviews in Stratford, ON

Very Busy Environment, Detail Training, Very Friendly Management, Busy Schedules. A lot of Fun to Work here. A lot of new things to learn. Helping the Community.
Great job, especially for as a first job for a newcomer to Canada. Management was nurturing and friendly. Team members from both production and sales were friendly, always there to help you out and give tips. Plenty of opportunities for promotion or change of hours. Overall positive experience. If it weren't for personal circumstances, I would have stayed with the company.
Fast paced, never boring for you're always on the go! Fun team, great experience! Low salary but great bonuses and perks! Perfect hours! Weekends off!
The management where I worked was absolutely terrible. Wouldn’t respect that I couldn’t work Sunday, tried pressuring me to work 2 Sunday’s a month or more, had to tell them I couldn’t over and over. Knew I was in school and proceeded to give me, and other students 30+ hours when were PART TIME. Along with not believing that they’re overworking you when doing such things. You can’t call or book off any time during October even if you CANT work at all, they tell you to suck it up. The customers and cash was my favourite part. This was my first job and I quit because of how terrible and disrespectful they are. Coworkers were accepting and nice. Just the management was the worst.
Pros
Customers, 50% discount, accepting coworkers
Cons
Management is terrible, disrespectful, draining, not understanding
Cleaning the public bathrooms was not explained during the hiring and training process. This is the hardest part of the job for me. As main cashier, other tasks include fitting room maintenance, loss prevention, cleaning and customer care. Most of the managers are good to work with, but all it takes is one bully to wreck your day. The workplace culture expects always available at their convenience, 7 days a week. The schedule comes out the Wednesday before next weeks shifts. It's difficult because the schedule always changes. The workload is not reasonable and the expectations are too much. I really enjoy working on senior's day because it is my generation and we understand each other and joke about ourselves.
Pros
I have a job
Cons
Working as hard as you can, without achieving completion and a job well done