Value Village logo
Happiness score is 50 out of 100Below average

Value Village Employee Reviews in St. John's, NL

Work-life balance

Found 11 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,715 reviews

Very fast paced and productive

I liked working there but I definitely don’t think workers are getting paid nearly enough for the amount of time and energy we put into work. Hard job

Pros

Schedule flexibility

did not enjoy

I really did not enjoy working here. it was very stressful and none of the managers seem to be on the same page about anything. the building is very dirty.

Pros

Free lunch if you're employee of the week

Cons

long hours. they will keep you way past closing

alot of work

they always short staffed and impossible to get people to stay due to such a heavy work load and only paying minimum wage, alot expected from the workers,

Pros

production hours are awesome

Cons

hard work

Core team skills

Great job for learning core team work skills and time management as you can be working at multiple tasks at once, co-workers very friendly and helpful as well.

Really helpful to the planet and fun to work at!

I learned a lot while working here and it makes you feel good to be apart of it! There are two sections - Production and Operations - so the people who sort, price, and put out the merch, and ops is cashiering and sales associate stuff. The back section works really hard and has quotas to meet of how much they need to get done but they have nice hours, 730-4 Mon-Fri The front is mostly cashiering and cleaning up the store by hanging all the clothes that people pull off the hangers, more chill but you have very irregular hours, like a new schedule every week and some shifts being on call where you might not have to come in. There are a lot of regulars who you get to know and everyone who works there is super friendly and makes you feel very welcomed. Every few months theres bonuses and they always try and get you to succeed.

Pros

Makes you feel nice

Cons

Might have lame hours

Great location, very clean and orderly

the job was very well handled. lots of organization, kind and fun people. I made many friends who I still talk to and the job itself was not difficult, it was always well explained and they made sure I knew what I was doing before leaving me alone to do it.

Its a job

paid the bills. the staff was excellent , but im more of a server type of girl. Its a great place to work as long as you are an easy going person. Mgmt kinda sucked.

productive

stressful but enjoyable work environment. the people were nice but the work could be unpleasant. Management wasnt always the easy to get along with at times.

Fun work place!

A typical shift consists of racking and rolling racks of clothes, cleaning fitting rooms, general recovery (GR) and customer service. You don’t really stop unless you’re on a break. Sale days are tough because it’s so busy but you get used to it!

Pros

Kind coworkers

Cons

The managers pick favourites and they don’t listen to what you have to say

meh

Wasn't the best job was only there seasonal even though i was told it was gonna be a permanent position but ended up not staff were friendly and management was ok

Jobs at Value Village