Value Village logo
Value Village

Value Village Employee Reviews in Spruce Grove, AB

Found 6 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,738 reviews

Fun environment

Manager was great but they’re was definitely favourite and seniority between certain supervisors and staff members. Always cut shifts early so even if you are full time you aren’t making full time hours. Good discount. A lot of back talking between staff members and a lot of drama.

Average

The company has misconceptions about donations and profits. The company is okay to work for but they expect way too much from employees when managers aren’t quick to help with problems.

Fantasitc place to work!

I loved working at the Spruce Grove location. The store fostered youth as they were starting out in the work place, and the more seasoned staff worked very nicely together. I was able to move up the ladder quite quickly and loved going to work everyday. I worked with young staff to help them construct a strong foundation to build on as they grew and flourished in the workforce, and am happy to still be in contact with many of them to this day. Every job has some negatives so I am not saying everything is sunshine and rainbows....but of all the retailers I have worked at over the course of 20 years VV is definitely a progressive work environment that wants their staff to succeed. I would highly recommend this particular store to anyone looking for employment - A

Fun Working environment

Value Village was a great place to work as long as you’re out going, easy to get along with, and follow direction well. The company has many great values. The management was okay. It was always fun working with my typical team.

no productive management no direction for new employees

I had high hopes for this company but in the year I worked there I found that there is next to no training for new employees. Management is never involved and when they are it is always with a negative report.

It was a nice place to work, the other workers were really nice and welcoming, they had fun theme days which kept things fun.

Working there was fun and everyday was a new learning experience. I enjoyed the company of the other employees they were very welcoming and friendly. The managers were very good at there job and gave good advice when help was needed. I learned more peoples skills and time management, and organization skills. Overall it was a great first job experience.

Pros

Great customer values and incentive programs

Cons