Value Village logo
Happiness score is 51 out of 100Below average

Value Village Employee Reviews in Sherwood Park, AB

Found 9 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,733 reviews

Fast paced, physical

This is a fun, fast paced place. The people you work with make it a great atmosphere. They have good benefits and there is room to move up in the company.

Good management, fun workplace, co-team members are fun to work with

I had a productive working experience in this company. Managers were nice and considerate. I enjoyed customer service. I got recognized multiple times for excellent performance, and it boosted my self-confidence in doing my job as a sales clerk. I enjoyed working with my co-team members, as we all shared common interest in this field. Suspicious thieves sometimes were hard to deal, but I always let my managers handle them by bringing them to their attention once I recognize them coming in to the store.

Pros

Free lunch on occasions

Learn more about saving money

> Good to work . Learned about Big brothers and sisters. how to reuse things and save money, pricing, learned about management skills.

Cons

racism with staff.

Loved the people, and the managment was decent.

Working at Value Village was great, lots of things to do an the people were fantastic. Managers were nice but there were a lot of people in authority and the communication wasn't always the best. Safety was always Key and there were regular meetings on it as well as how the company was doing as an over all.

Awful place to work.

No gratitude from the management. treated like a nothing. Worst EMPLOYERS EVER. Health risk, they tell you to smell in the mouldy bags of clothes, and they are very mouldy. Place is a health hazard. I would definitely not recommend working for this company.

Very Poor Treatment of Staff

This specific location is very poorly managed and staff are disrespected and bullied consistently. Irrational expectations in production and management operates based on extreme prejudice. They do not follow or promote any safety guidelines and push their staff to the extreme. If you work here, prepare for your "confidential" information to be shared with anyone who is currently on the manager's good side. This company has wasted more time writing people up inconsistently and unfairly and trying to "squeeze" the higher paid staff (or anyone who may be a potential threat to management since they obviously run their store based on their own insecurities) that they are losing money and hard working staff members who actually drank the purple kool-aid and believed that they were making a difference in people's lives.

Pros

No Pros...

Cons

Negative and unhealthy work environment.

Excellent place to work!

The staff at all of the stores I worked at were incredible. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming to new staff. The management was very supportive of me as I tried to move up the ranks to join the management team. The reviews I had were honest and fair. The hardest part of the job was the customer service aspect but it was also the most rewarding part of it.

I enjoyed working there

I would work 8 hours a day. I would hang clothes, keep front of the store clean, and tidy, as well as cash. I enjoyed senior's day I just love dealing with senior's.

Pros

we had alot of free lunches lol

Cons

poor management

disrespectful

Employees cannot work hard enough to satisfy management. Manager has a hit list all the time , all though they are always telling supervisors to build the team. the company has great recycle programs ect. But the management is awful.

Pros

the company is good but cetain stores are not

Cons

to many to list

Jobs at Value Village