Value Village logo
Value Village

Value Village Employee Reviews in Scarborough, ON

Found 9 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,729 reviews

Pretty good

Depending on your location there might be a lot to deal with, but overall a pretty easy job. If you're looking for work that gives you a lot of hours this is the place, but they practically schedule you as a full time worker regardless of if you're part time or not.

Pros

A lot of hours

Cons

Over worked

No help for team member.

They dont care teem members. I was requested for a job letter they can't provid me .because ofnthis letters i don't get my OHIP. I talk to my supervisor manager and hr no one help me . (I feel its only a business not for helping each other)

Productive and fun workplace

A typical day at work would start off very busy with housekeeping books area from previous night. Place was usually busy with interaction from customers who showed a lot of interest in books and media. I learned a lot about production and having to meet quotas with tight deadlines. Management were very interactive and supportive. The workplace culture was multicultural and everyone got along during work as well as lunch and during breaks. The hardest part of the job was sometimes rushing to make quotas and the most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with customers and colleagues.

Pros

Dressing up in Halloween Costumes

Cons

Not enough hours

Discount is good but Management can be better

They provide good discount as well as 2 weeks paid vacation and sick days. Management at the store can be better. Typical customer service job, same type of customers. Okay for students.

Decent place for a Part Timer

*Can learn a lot about customer service *Poor management *Abysmal amenities *Unnecessarily complicated workplace culture *A good experience in learning about adverse work environments

fun workplace

The work is fun. I learned a lot from this experience improved my communication with other people. Management is done to make really well. The co-workers are amazing and give their all during work. The hardest part of the job is that sometime it becomes really busy and maintaining the store becomes harder. The most enjoyable part is the co-workers and the customer that come there to work

Pros

Free snacks

Fun experience

All though the hours aren't that long, it is quite an experience in the Retail/Thrift field. A very nice working environment.

Good Mangement

Handling Cash Register and organizing the sales floor. I learned how to process cash, debit and credit card transactions. The Manager was very supportive. Some workers are productive but others are not. The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult customers while the most enjoyable one was satisfying the customers needs.

Pros

dealing with various customers

Cons

low salary

being a part of a big team is rewarding

being a part of a large team and having the responsibliy of the admissions cash flow was an amazing experience, I learned a lot

Jobs at Value Village