Value Village

Value Village Employee Reviews in North Bay, ON

Found 10 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,769 reviews

Fast paced and you come across some interesting things

This is a fast paced and interesting place to work. it is definitely more focused on the number of products you can get out rather that the quality of product or the state the product is in. This is a challenging place that has great management but has groups of employees that are friends that can make you feel isolated if you cannot or wont fit into their groups. you will want to make sure you opt in to the protective masks provided as just about anything in any state comes through the production floor.

Many broken promises of moving up, store manager is rude and full of self.

Many broken promises of moving up, store manager very abrupt with staff with obvious favourites. Front End Supervisors very stressed with lack of support. Staff call in sick every day leaving others completely . Very heartless organization

Such A Family!

The Value Village team is incredibly welcoming and you'll fit in and be welcomed like a part of the family by the end of day one! The regular customers are just as much fun too. This was my first job after coming out of high school and it was amazing... for a little while... Once you really get to know the job management will start placing you in other positions and if they are ever short staffed (which happened just about every day) you will get thrown into every position that you could possibly do and then get reprimanded at for not doing all of your five jobs you've been given in the time frame it would take someone who is doing that one single job to do. Management is wonderful for the most part. (Take from that statement what you will) My one piece of advice for people is don't work the Donation door. Its the most miserable job in the place. If you struggle with mental health issues at all this is not the workplace for you.

Friendly coworkers.

Friendly environment that promotes personal growth as well as company growth. Management and coworkers always help each other improve in many ways whether it be training for a new position or something to make work more accessible.

Summed up as a pit

The store was always dirty, management cared little if at all for employees. Customers were always right and it showed in the behavior of the both them and upper management. Was impossible to achieve full time, thus no benefits.

Good.

Nice co-workers, friendly management, approachable, answered all my questions and understood I was new and I was going to make mistakes. Patient, kind. and would highly recommend.

Productive work place area

Value Village was a great experience for a summer co op/ paid program through yes employment. It was a wonderful place to work and it was filed with wonderful people i enjoyed working with.

Pros

Good people to work with

Cons

Rude customers

Enjoyable, fast paced work environtment.

Working at Value Village was a good experience, for the most part. My co workers were easy to get along with a friendly. Management was also easy to get a long with but at times it seemed like they didn't listen to the employees. I enjoyed the work itself. Moving donations from the door to the sales floor was easy work for me and it kept me busy. The toughest part was trying to figure out a temporary solution to some problems while management was trying to work out a permanent solution.

Pros

Friendly environment

Cons

Hours fluctuated way too much

Customer Service/Cashier

Completed work on floor regarding cleaning up and organizing all shopping area's in store. Completed customer service aiding to find items or accents of clothing. Completed cash balance end of shift. Trained new staff on floor details necessary for shift.

Pros

Received discount on items purchased

Cons

always changing managers

Strong working and helpfull job

A typical day at work would start off with a meeting and coffee between all team members. As we finished we would then get to work and help customers.My co-workers were always happy and making Value village a great place to work. There were no hard parts to the job only easy parts that's actually what i found to be most enjoyable about the job as well. Management wasn't bad apart from the manager almost never being there to help with product management.

Pros

lots of customers

Cons

quiet workplace at nightime

Jobs at Value Village