Value Village logo
Value Village

Value Village Employee Reviews in Niagara Falls, ON

Found 6 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,733 reviews

Awesome coworkers, not so great management

Typical day at Value Villages always kept me on my toes, things to do and fun conversations to have with customers and coworkers. Decent hours and free lunches every few weeks. Some management did their job well, but a few were always out to nit pick at workers, and come down hard on them. One of the supervisors was also very two faced and hard to work with. If management improved, things would have been okay.

Pros

Free lunches, fun work, great coworkers, hours

Value village

Value village is a great company to work for. The people are amazing and make it enjoyable. I look forward to going in. They help you to reach any goals you have. I would recommend it to anyone

Pros

Free lunches for working extra shifts or for no accidents

Cons

Very physical

Long days & Poor Management

A typical day as a Donation Attendant would consist of trying to stay busy, as well as keep management off your back. Working as a donation attendant is typically slow and boring, especially during the winter months. Your are consistently watching the clock because you have nothing else to do. management will be on your back about everything you do, so be prepared to answer for it even if you are an experienced employee. Since management is always watching you they are also making sure you're never standing around and will have you doing a pointless & boring task's around the clock so you are not 'wasting' time. The shifts are only 8 hours although they feel like 14 because the day goes by so slow. You are required to work pretty much every weekend because of how busy it gets. There are also on-call shifts so even when you do get a weekend off, you're required to call in a certain time and they will tell you if you are needed that day. You will be working mainly afternoons (1 to 9:30+) as a Donation Attendant, which pretty much stops you from having a life outside of work. The only enjoyable thing about the job is unloading charity trucks because it makes time go faster, and feels rewarding when finished.

Cons

On-calls, slow Shifts, poor management

amazing people

working here was a lot of fun, stable hours set days, good raises every year, some room to move up. management did change and come down hard on workers a lot more then when old management was there.

Pros

salary, hours, shifts, bonuses

Cons

management

fun place and staff

A typical day at Value Village, that would consist of going in in the morning and sweeping, empty garbages, and get the store ready for shopping. I have learned many new things there, such as dealing with customers, and their needs, for making their shopping experiance more enjoyable and remembering that a happy customer is a good customer. The managment and my co-workers are great people, we all work as a team as well as a family to get things accommplished. I dont think i have found a hard part of the job yet as any and every new thing is a challenge and a learning experince that i enjoy, always looking to learn new things. I love meeting new people that come into the store and helping them in every way possible. If they leave our store happy then I know i have done my job and i am satisfied.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

great people i worked with

its a good place to work. the management is reallynot that great though

Pros

free lunches, no uniform, benifits

Jobs at Value Village