Value Village
Savers/Value Village

Value Village Employee Reviews in New Minas, NS

Will not review. Confidentiality. Prefer not to disclose good or bad times. I just wanted to update my resume, not praise or bash current or prior workplaces.
Everyone was so friendly and we all looked out for each other. The manager was easy to work for also. Also there is lots of room for advancement within the company
I have learned so much while working at Value Village. It has been such a great experience! The interview process was so fun. Overall there is a lot of things that you need to learn in order to work without stress in this work environment, but it is so great.
Store manager demands unrealistic quotas and blames staff rather than take responsibility for lack of training or encouragement. You’re expected to perform like a robot and have no opinion, just do as you’re told. Favourtism between management and staff, some even had personal/romantic relationship which affected working atmosphere and nothing was done about it. Charity work is pushed to the public but is very misleading. Very little helps local community. Hired being told it was an 8am-4pm position which quickly changed into “we’re not busy enough, we don’t have the hours, etc”. One or two Supervisors were very helpful and worked hard alongside you but they eventually left because they weren’t treated very well either. Overall, disappointing and discouraging experience. Would definitely not recommend New Minas location.
Pros
Co-workers, used to be a couple good supervisors, employee discount
Cons
Everything else
Cleaning and restocking racks and shelves. Looking for dead stock and assisting customers. Taking phone calls and putting them through to the right team members.
Pros
Team fund for for lunches and or events.
Cons
Not enough hours, Too many on-call shifts
The company was able to offer a good number of work hours, pension and bonuses, but they had odd staff scheduling practices. They scheduled staff based on the previous month's donation count rather than the current month's expected count, so we were understaffed at Halloween and other times like right after Christmas, when there were annual expected increases in staffing requirements, which would not be reflected in the previous month's numbers. This method of scheduling policy was a little odd and sometimes unsafe if one person was working alone in receiving and expected to deal with extremely heavy or overly large items alone while other backup staff were busy working in the other areas of the store.
Pros
Hours, Pension, Bonuses, Work Environment
Cons
Scheduling Policies
Where to begin ,management intimidation ,working Saturdays ,no overtime ,constant go faster be more productive with no safety regard ,no room to work packed like sardines, either sweating or freezing ,bugs , no rotation ,management lies ,spied on with cameras ,people quitting daily ,no team spirit ,management likes to favor suck ups. Customers unhappy complaining about high prices which management then blames on employees ,by the way we have strict management guidelines on pricing! Employees do not price product like advertised. They hid behind we help charity ,while tossing glassware ,house ware etc in the garbage ,NOT recycled. I would not recommend this job to my worst enemy ,has already got a reputation and has barely opened ,good luck if you end up here ,I will read your review shortly!
Pros
50% off, co workers
Cons
Everything else
Management has zero respect for the rules and you're treated like a lapdog. Very negative environment and not worthy for anyone. Do not be fooled by the company's donation spiel, it's all a big scam. Work for a company that respects it's policies, this company does not.
Pros
Cons
Manipulative, dishonest, unprofessional
Was told that if I didn't want to come in Saturday it was fine. Im a single parent working what was told to me a monday to Friday work week. I spent the weekends that I don't work with my kid. When to work on the monday for the production shift and worked from 8am to 2pm and then was let go all because I didn't call in, when I thought I didn't need too.
Pros
Cons
Lack of communication. Lack of respect. Lack of empathy.