Value Village logo

Value Village Employee Reviews in Nepean, ON

2.9
Pay & benefits

Found 5 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,715 reviews

Great people to work with, nice managers but not responsive

The managers are very nice and I love my coworkers (easily the best part of working here). The work is easy enough but never-ending and very repetitive on the sales floor. The corporation itself doesn't trust the employees to make decisions so at a cash you will have to call managers to sign off on most decisions (exchanges, price checks, etc.) Unfortunately, the managers don't always take into account that a lot of the employees are still in school so younger employees can feel very over-whelmed with school/work balance. But I would say it is a good entry-level job and chill.

Pros

50% discount on most of the store, great people

Cons

Repetitive, don't take outside-of-work lives of employees

Too much for way too little

They work you to the bone and for little pay. If you work the donation drive through, get ready to sweat and be expected to keep it clean and tidy with little to no help. Working the tables in the back is hard and kinda gross. You sort through random bags and they time you to sort as fast as possible. The managers don't help, they walk behind you and tell you too go faster cause all they want is sales. And they price donated items way to high.

Pros

Health benefits

Cons

Pay

The store I worked at was bad but not all stores will be like that

The management at the store I worked at was horrible, they have gotten better now, but my co-workers still wher not the best, it's a good and easy place to work if everything goes well, but it didn't for me

Best workplace

Working at Value Village is the best experience for me they have a grate team member and you feel comfortable to work and the customers are very nice.

Excellent workplace environment and plenty of work to do

A typical work day at Value Village involved organizing clothes racks and assisting customers with finding or assembling Halloween costumes. Supervisors at Value Village were very friendly, and very accommodating of my class schedule at the time. The most difficult part of the job was keeping up with the ever-changing layout of the Halloween department, however it also was very enjoyable since it there was something new almost every shift. The best part of the job was being able to dress in costume and assist customers with their costume ideas.

Pros

Excellent environment, always busy

Cons

Seasonal work

Jobs at Value Village