Value Village logo
Value Village

Value Village Employee Reviews in Moncton, NB

Found 10 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,739 reviews

good people

I enjoyed working at value village it was a great place to work the people were great and the pay was decent. The reason that i left was because of no childcare

Deceiving

Not as great as they pretend to be. Too much work and definitely not paid for it. They will try to take advantage of you if they know they can. Says one thing but does another, very secretive.

Pros

Benefits and weekends off

Stressful

Best to only speak when spoken to. Not a pleasant environment to work in. Management staff moody. Treat you like you are below them. Very hard work for little pay.

Just don’t waste your time

dont Even bother to waste your time. The only thing value village taught me in a year was how to be treated despicably for barely any pay. Worked for over a year and only received 19 cent raise. Unsafe working conditions, never received proper eye wear and was forced to throw away dangerous and sharp objects. People get hurt here ALOT.

Just bad.

Wow. I don’t think I’ve ever been so annoyed with a job. Horrific management that doesn’t know what they’re doing. Was not properly trained, I wasn’t even given a locker or name tag until I had to ask for one. Then I was reported for “not following the dress code” when they would not give me even a vest to wear. I was hired to work in the Halloween department and that did not happen, instead I was thrown into the floor for my four hour shift to do nothing but fix clothing racks. The nail in the coffin was when I came in on a day off to shop only to be pulled aside away from my friend so that management could tell me that they thought they should terminate my employment with them due to “mouthing off at other employees” (which did not happen, they just didn’t like me questioning why they weren’t giving me training) Frustrating, difficult to work with and they do not listen to their staff or like to answer questions.

Pros

Item discounts

Cons

Everything else.

Fun environment

Savers is a fun work environment with lots of opportunity for advancement. It's hard work but simple and easy to learn and it's a very fun and positive place to be.

Pros

positive energy

Cons

Hard work

Interactive Job with Customers in a Fast Paste Environment

Typical Day at work: Cleaning, organizing, helping customers find what they are looking for, count the cashes What I learned: Reliability skills and patience

nice part-time job while studying

A typical day at work was to be a cashier, help the customer and to clean the store. The job was fun, i had a really good relationship with the management, the co-workers and they enjoyed the work i was doing and was really understanding of my schedule at the university. The hardest part of the job was to manage my work and school at the same time and the most enjoyable part of the job was interactive with the co-workers.

Pros

discount at the store, free dessert on special occasion

Cons

short hours

turned out to be something that they were not !!!

When the district manager is drinking buddies with your store manager, their open door policy becomes a joke. It also makes it very easy to be accused of behaviors that are entirely false. This makes it very hard to trust what the manager is telling you " That what you tell me that it will go nowhere !! " mean while you can hear the store manager talking on the phone with the DM and saying everything you just told the manager not to say to anyone. the store manager will lie your face and stab you in the back and tell you that your the best one in the building ! the management staff is not to be trusted.

Pros

not many !!!

Cons

too many !!!

Tiring work conditions, no room for advancement

Fun place to work, until management beats you down with verbal abuse. Has potential to be a great place as the work itelf is a challenge, but too many unprofessional, unsafe and harrsing conditions.Place has no issues with leaving the fire exits covered in snow(back exits) no respect to work safe conditions as per labour code of Canada. Will not fire someone for not being of value...must keep around for months nd essentially abuse the person to the point of demoralizing there values and beliefs.Discrimination runs rampant. Promotes a welcoming environment, but does opposite. Turn over rate is horrible, yes, some have been there for years, but those ladies are also the ones who are in favor of management through personal relationships.Overall, place has its good moment, but the negatives far outweight the positives tenfold.

Pros

mon-fri 8-430 shifts, weekends off(must work the odd weekend)

Cons

horrible management skils, supervisors are untouchableable, unsafe work conditions, low pay, no room for advancement, inproper training for said duties, unreasonable expectations of staff, ungratefulness towards its employees, and dare i say, unethical business practices to the point of breaking criminal laws.

Jobs at Value Village