Savers/Value Village Employee Reviews in Mississauga, ON

Found 23 reviews matching the search See all 2,823 reviews
great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 September 2018
very great place to work and it was not at all complicated. the workplace environment was diverse and it was very fast paced which I enjoyed very much.
working at Value Village
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 July 2018
Fun environment to work, feels like part of the family. Great team to work with. Understanding and open minded management team. Horrible customers expect best customer service. People don't have respect.
Pros
discounts
Cons
long hours..unpaid for management
Helping community
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 May 2018
It is a pride to work at Value Village. With the core values of the company, it is respectful as well as fun working for the company. Me as a people person, have always been successful at maintaining clientele. Professionally acting managers are mentors at all times, which has made me confident to accept challenges and make myself a great learner.
I am proud to be a team of Savers/Value Village.
Pros
Discounts on merchandise
nice people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 April 2018
Management could be better but its easy to swap shifts or give away shifts if you are a part time worker. workplace culture is good, everyone is nice and I made a couple friends there, hardest part if the job would be when it got busy and the manager or supervisors keep switching every ones positions because it gets messy.
Pros
flexibly work schedules
Cons
always scheduling problems
Busy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 October 2017
Very busy location, always on top of their game. Super busy during the halloween and Christmas seasons. Everyone was very friendly and always there to teach you something new.
fun, fast paced
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 August 2017
fast paced environment with lots of friendly co workers. it was tough work doing the same thing all day but was nice to be able to talk to people while being on the table, and the attitude of everyone else there was enjoyable.
Pros
occassional free lunches, nice people
Cons
repetitive
Developing new skills in a Department
Production Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 August 2017
At Value Village, as an individual, who didn't had the background knowledge of the store and the history at first was pretty tough. As well, it was difficult to remember the ideal model of the store to help make my work better, but as I kept working and working, I have learned to develop new skill traits. Plus, I got to meet great people who helped me along my journey. Overall, it was a great experience working at the store.
Pros
Bonus Pizza Parties, 50% Employee Discount, Friendly Environment
Cons
Management was stiff and tough at times
Amazing Employer
Operations Team Member (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 June 2017
The management is absolutely amazing always there and ready to help with whatever you need they are very understanding and nice people. Co-workers are also an amazing, open-hearted group of people. Definitely an amazing company to grow for as well as part-time employment.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 May 2017
Workplace environment was very welcoming. Managers/supervisors take the time to train new workers effectively. In addition, management follows proper safety protocols and are easily accessible for work related issues.
Sales Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 April 2017
I had a lovely experience working with savers, i have nothing bad to say about anybody other then the store manager at the time. other then her this job is ideal for all students.
Pros
pizza parties, quarterly bonus
Cons
Store manager
The Team members are what kept me there for so long.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 March 2017
At Value Village the team members are what kept me there we all got along so great and became so close. I would often not like going to work but when i got there my mood would quickly change because i was basically going to see my friends. The managers will push you to do soo much work and it's not fair. They would hire little people so that they meet the bonus and work us out. Where i worked no one really liked our managers because they acted as if they owned us which they do but over working us wasn't cool. My schedule was Friday, Sat, Sun, Monday & Tuesday and i was only 16 and it was too much i would ask for less hours but would still receive the same amount. Also when you work there your hands will smell so bad after a shift and your clothes would smell funny too. Sometimes the managers were cool though.
Pros
Bonus, cool team members
Cons
Not reasonable hours.
good opportunity to grow up
Supervisor trainee (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 February 2017
This is good company who is helping non-profit organizations to fund their services to find cure for Diabeties.
I have a great experience in dealing with customers on daily basis and I know most of the customers by names.
In this company, I got the chance to grow and now the company always makes me head cashier or they count on me for closings as they think I can do the job better. I am getting training for supervisor.
Overall good company, but less pay. I love to work in the same company, but I have kids, so want a change in salary.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 August 2016
Value Village is a very fun place to work and I have learned a lot there, specially how to handle customers when they are unhappy. It is a very challenging job at sales days, and the team members are very friendly and protective.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Na
Fun workplace and flexible hours.
Roller (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 February 2015
I am a roller. I start at 8 am and finish at around 2-4 pm 3-5 days out of the week. My coworkers are all friendly and look out for me.
Pros
Managers are understanding.
over all fairly good
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  mississauga2 February 2015
learning has no end ; I've learnt lots and still on the path of progress; in short I started as a part time miscel sorter and today I am in management
Pros
free Halloween lunch
Cons
almost double shifts
Fast Paced And Coworkers Are Great
Lead Donation Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 September 2014
The best part of the job is meeting interesting people, while either accepting donations at the back or cashing people out.

My coworkers make it a great place to work. Everyone is friendly and we all work together very well.

The most challenging part of the job is when it gets very busy. I've learned better time management skills and to prioritize.
Pros
Free pizza on sale days
Cons
Long hours during busy and short hours during slow season
Life in Value Village
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 August 2014
As an operations team member, I am required to be competent at the cashier equipment, fitting rooms, and at customer service. My job demands that I interact with customers 100% of the time. I have learned to manage how to effectively and efficiently do the required duties of a team member while still be courteous and helpful with the customers.

As a productions team member, I am required to sort and process donated items, unload bags that weigh 20 lbs - 30 lbs off the trucks, use warehouse equipment such as the baler and the big joe, and still provide customer service when needed. Days can be tiring but it is crucial to be able to work under pressure and maintain a level of professionalism when in front of the customers. The goal is to maintain them and keep them coming to the store.
Pros
Great Team Members, flexible hours, good management
Fun and productive
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 June 2014
Picking car parts to ship to the dealer ships.Co-workers were nice, Learned how to use the RF scanner for the first time.
tiring but have fun talking to co-workers
Cashier and customer service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 March 2014
I really enjoyed unloading the trucks of donations because it was a straight 2 hour job and all the truck drivers were very kind and polite. Everyone was very easy to work with and very polite. I appreciated the management because they all treat you equally and respectively. I learned how to be a cashier, customer service, and a recycler which also made me not so shy. As a recycler I would clear all the donations in the morning and place the donations on one of three carts(cloth, miscellaneous and books). I would then weigh them and record them. I would also make sure ever station had a fresh garbage bin to sort with. As a cashier I would balance my till and cash people by cash,debit or mastercard/visa.
Pros
usually hit quarterly or halloween bonus
Cons
if donations were left out too long the would start to stink the place up
A good place to learn about the Retail Sector
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 June 2013
if you are interested in part time work, Value Village is a good place to work for as you are helping conserve the environment and the company also pays local charities which helps them intrun carry on important and valuable work for their communities.
Pros
The core values of the Company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers/Value Village. Our community is ready to answer.