Value Village logo
Happiness score is 51 out of 100Below average

Value Village Employee Reviews in Mississauga, ON

Found 32 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,733 reviews

Awesome coworkers

The coworkers and sometimes customers made this job really awesome. The workers feel like one big (dysfunctional) family and you’re all in the same predicament of not getting enough hours, pay or being treated like machines and not humans. So it’s a lot of slaving away for little money but you get to do it with some seriously amazing people. It can be really fun and the customers come from all walks of life and are interesting to interact with! The older people in the company are most respected and typically are allowed to work at a slower pace but the young ones gotta do some back breaking work. The pay is really sad for the amount of work you do. Clean up at the end of the shift can be gruelling! The dress code allows for personal expression, and sometimes there’s cake for birthdays. Work life balance is there, but it also means you’re making 600$ a month...

Pros

Coworkers, Halloween

Cons

Stressful, difficult customers, small shifts at low pay

Horrible experience

This place is extremely unorganized and they'll make you do the job without properly training you .. I would not recommend this unless you're hurting for $$

Pros

Cons

Horrible management

Relaxed environment

I assist customers with donations in the CDC(Community donation centre).On a daily basis, I organize the donated materials onto carts with wheels.I have learned the value of customer service.Management is very polite and easy-going as long as you focus on the job at hand. Fellow employees are respectable and polite as well.

bad place too work

Customers treat this place like garbage and you will end up cleaning up for hours before you're allowed to leave. You're worked like a dog and the environment is so dirty

Nope

Nah, you can do so much better than here, trust me. There's these two team members who are just a headache to deal with and never get in trouble. People have quit/fired but they stay cause they're friends with the store manager. Its honestly disgusting smh

Unhappy

First they will make it really hard for you to start. After, they will give you a detailed training. And when you finally start to work, they will make sure to change your opinion right in the beginning. Disorganized and biased management, dirty work environment and horrible working hours.

First job, not bad

The number of shifts I worked would change as they need me, and on average I'd get an on-call every other week. Employees were nice, had a mix between younger and older folks. Management was good, although we had some troubles with the previous management. All in all, an enjoyable place to work in the short to medium term.

Loved it

sometimes the staff and managers were unorganised but it was a great place to work and a fun job for a student. i loved my coworkers and doing stuff for the company

Happy environment and strategic planning can be applied

December 19, 2011 -I learned how to sort housewares -management is always improving -more on family atmosphere, everybody is so close to each other -if the quota is so high, you should work as fast as you can -I enjoyed when the quota is reached ahead of time

Pros

free meals every 2 weeks

Cons

higher quota

Excellent organization to work here

I also enjoyed and learn at Value village to work here and have improve alot of my skills like technical and communication, dealing with customers and resolving their issues is huge asset for me

Jobs at Value Village

in Mississauga, ON
See more jobs

great place to work

very great place to work and it was not at all complicated. the workplace environment was diverse and it was very fast paced which I enjoyed very much.

working at Value Village

Fun environment to work, feels like part of the family. Great team to work with. Understanding and open minded management team. Horrible customers expect best customer service. People don't have respect.

Pros

discounts

Cons

long hours..unpaid for management

Helping community

It is a pride to work at Value Village. With the core values of the company, it is respectful as well as fun working for the company. Me as a people person, have always been successful at maintaining clientele. Professionally acting managers are mentors at all times, which has made me confident to accept challenges and make myself a great learner. I am proud to be a team of Savers/Value Village.

Pros

Discounts on merchandise

nice people

Management could be better but its easy to swap shifts or give away shifts if you are a part time worker. workplace culture is good, everyone is nice and I made a couple friends there, hardest part if the job would be when it got busy and the manager or supervisors keep switching every ones positions because it gets messy.

Pros

flexibly work schedules

Cons

always scheduling problems

Busy

Very busy location, always on top of their game. Super busy during the halloween and Christmas seasons. Everyone was very friendly and always there to teach you something new.

fun, fast paced

fast paced environment with lots of friendly co workers. it was tough work doing the same thing all day but was nice to be able to talk to people while being on the table, and the attitude of everyone else there was enjoyable.

Pros

occassional free lunches, nice people

Cons

repetitive

Developing new skills in a Department

At Value Village, as an individual, who didn't had the background knowledge of the store and the history at first was pretty tough. As well, it was difficult to remember the ideal model of the store to help make my work better, but as I kept working and working, I have learned to develop new skill traits. Plus, I got to meet great people who helped me along my journey. Overall, it was a great experience working at the store.

Pros

Bonus Pizza Parties, 50% Employee Discount, Friendly Environment

Cons

Management was stiff and tough at times

Amazing Employer

The management is absolutely amazing always there and ready to help with whatever you need they are very understanding and nice people. Co-workers are also an amazing, open-hearted group of people. Definitely an amazing company to grow for as well as part-time employment.

Workplace environment was very welcoming. Managers/supervisors take the time to train new workers effectively. In addition, management follows proper safety protocols and are easily accessible for work related issues.

I had a lovely experience working with savers, i have nothing bad to say about anybody other then the store manager at the time. other then her this job is ideal for all students.

Pros

pizza parties, quarterly bonus

Cons

Store manager

The Team members are what kept me there for so long.

At Value Village the team members are what kept me there we all got along so great and became so close. I would often not like going to work but when i got there my mood would quickly change because i was basically going to see my friends. The managers will push you to do soo much work and it's not fair. They would hire little people so that they meet the bonus and work us out. Where i worked no one really liked our managers because they acted as if they owned us which they do but over working us wasn't cool. My schedule was Friday, Sat, Sun, Monday & Tuesday and i was only 16 and it was too much i would ask for less hours but would still receive the same amount. Also when you work there your hands will smell so bad after a shift and your clothes would smell funny too. Sometimes the managers were cool though.

Pros

Bonus, cool team members

Cons

Not reasonable hours.

2.9Job security/advancement