Value Village
Savers/Value Village

Value Village Employee Reviews in Mission, BC

Work is fast paced Basic retail job Has good benefits for Full-Time Production Team Members Has some bonuses for Operations Part-Time Members Open to people with disabilities Not exactly a "super fun" job when it comes to the environment itself, but it's a job.
Pros
you get paid
Cons
it's retail
My coworkers were the best, and the benefits were great! Unfortunately, as a cashier I had to perform tasks such as working in the community donation center because they were heavily understaffed for months, as well as working in production for my last few weeks. They claimed I (and other fellow cashiers) had to work in production because cashiers asking for more hours during spring break, so we were sent to work in production. What didn't make sense is that then they purposely understaffed cashiers - making it constantly busy at the tills - to increase productivity, leaving the store a mess the entire day while cashiers who could help had to stay in production...
Pros
Friendly coworkers and great benefits, helping the environment
Cons
Management makes bad decisions, unfair work
Management expects things then you get in trouble for doing as they ask . They ask to much and don't help you to get time to do the projects she'd of you. Give you promises they don't keep and say you doing great then something in life happens as you loose a father and a husband same year and no compassion and not aloud to forget things and trying really hard still everyday and working crazy hours at Halloween and getting let down by little respect and pay and never good enough and this is put on to all Management..fire people and don't give them a fair chance and expect alot more than anywhere else for not great pay and never good enough ..
Pros
Good benefits and training programs
Cons
Large work load for not much more pay for management and no pay for the stress ..
Very very poor management. Rip off people and under pay their employees. Not a rewarding place to work. Very stressful and unforgiving duties within the workplace that management does little to fix.
The job it self was really good but most of the team memebers and management didn't seem to take the job very seriously making It harder on those who actually did.
Pros
always gave us free food on sale days or when we did a good job
Cons
team didnt work well together