Value Village logo
Value Village

Value Village Employee Reviews in Maple Ridge, BC

Maple Ridge, BC10 reviews

Found 10 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,733 reviews

Fun and easy-to-learn environment to work in but...

Even though the coworkers were amazing, about 3 of the 5 supervisors you will encounter weren't the best. One seemed like they were in a bad mood all the time and judgemental, another not showing much excitement, and another looking energetically-drained all the time. These three definitely hindered my experience, especially the first one I mentioned. The other 2 supervisors were great! Lively, cheerful, understanding, and a pleasure to work with. The job is easy to learn. I learnt how to operate the cash register in just 2 hours and knew everything I needed. Understanding the organizing system with the clothes was also easy. And new Covid-19 front-door-greeter protocols are very basic. If there were a few tips I could give, these would be it:- Be wary of some customers. Maple Ridge is not the best in terms of the homelessness situation and Value Village attracts these people and they can be difficult sometimes. - Don't let the supervisors or especially customers make you feel down. In the end, it's a thrift store. You are doing your best and the team does appreciate your work and effort. - Make friends with some of the customers. It was a bitter-sweet moment with some of the regulars when I left- Call out mistakes by supervisors. They will sometimes forget your Lunch or Coffee breaks or forget you are working in another department. Make sure to let them know!All in all, this was a great place to get my first job experience. Most of the coworkers are great people to be with. Definitely made the day better. The supervisors can be difficult sometimes, but genuinely -

Pros

Easy to learn, fun coworkers, fast days due to busyness

Cons

Stressful management, difficult customers sometimes, sense of self-ownership

It was excellent

I enjoyed working there. It was a great place ti work. The place is friendly and nice. My former boss is great. Mycoworkers were nice and kind. I liked it.

productive and great work environment

value village is a great place to learn and grow your knowledge of working with many different customers, working with many great employees and learn to work in a fast- paced environment

Bad Management

Good job most of the employees were great. Management was horrible, never knew what you were walking into. One day the manager would talk to you, the next she wouldn't. Lots of mind games, lies and favouritism. If you are someone that brown noses and kisses up to the boss you will do well. She loved that. Wrong people in the wrong positions. It's too bad that most of the management team had no idea what they were doing and that was because of the store manager , she didn't want to give away any of her power. She was the only one that was ever right.

Fun and nice coworkers but bad customers

The coworks are some of the only good things bout the job the costmers are horrible. People leave p**p in places p**p should not be. Who does that. Value village costumers

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

Customers

Fast paced, family like environment

Working at value village was a very fast paced environment. We got to work closely with out co-workers on a daily basis and developed great friendships.

Satisfied job duties

It's a great place to work good hours benefits and I enjoyed my duties. Very rewarding work place clean and bright.. good breaks too... Good for ideas as well, a chance for advancement

Pros

50 percentage off

Cons

Not family oriented

Fast paced entry level retail job

It's okay for a first job, surprisingly fast paced for a retail gig. Production hours are great and Monday to Friday. Benefits available after a few months. It helps to be a little quirky to fit in with the work culture. Very friendly staff.

Pros

Quarterly sales bonuses, fun coworkers

Cons

Halloween

Excellent place to meet many new people!

A great place for thrifty shopping & treasure hunting , Awesome people place, great working environment.. Worked as Cashier/ Sales Associate/ Production Worker, Hours went by quickly.

productive and hard work

a typical day of just organzing and putting away cloths making sure the store layout was always clean' learned how to keep organized and how to keep custoers well entertained' my coworkers were always good team players with great attitudes. the hardest part of the job was always dealing with the customers mess, but the most enjoyable was seeing them leave with smiles on there face from great customer service.

Pros

good hours, great values, manners, and cares for employees

Cons

short work period, constantly changing, indecisive

Jobs at Value Village