Value Village logo
Value Village

Value Village Employee Reviews in London, ON

Found 28 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,734 reviews

great place if you like fast paced

It was good because it kept me busy and working hard. seniors day was the hardest because it was the busiest day and the messiest day for the floor at the store.

Management is unprofessional

Just don’t do it! Dishonest and sneaky management. A handful of good people who work hard. The others ruin it for the good people. Very demoralizing for those of us with a strong work ethic. The amount of waste is awful. They do not give back to the community they only cate about making a profit.

Pros

A few good folks

Cons

All the lies

Fast pace work environment with thrift items

Though the policies for the company were understandable. The particular location I worked at understaffed their employees to the point people were overworked and management did not handle many issues very professionally. Would only recommend if store had adequate staffing,

Casual and great coworkers, not great for a career

It's definitely a great place for your first job as they are very understanding and teach you everything you would need to do the job up to standards with a lot of patience. Although after working for quite a few months it starts to become boring and repetitive. As a really hard worker a lot of the times your work goes underappreciated the more you do as you are on your feet all day while the supervisors can just stand around around for up to an hour before they do much work. They also are not very lenient on you being even just a minute late after being late consecutive days. Fair warning, all you get is three protected sick days. In your training they make it seem easy to advance but it's really not. My managers and supervisors have had the same position for years upon years and there are only now 3 stores in London. If you want full time you have to work long hours in production and trust me, it's tiring.

Pros

casual, good coworkers, birthday cake and occasional free lunches

Cons

on your feet all day

Very good place to work

Great place to work but the donation center is sometimes overstuffed and no help is available. The people who work there are very nice and fun to work with so otherwise, no complaints.

Helping Customer

I am good with working with customers and assisting them when they want to purchase any items. I have gained great experience at working with money and dealing with customers in a respectful way at the workplace.

A fair place to work

It is a very demanding job, but I did learn a lot from co-workers and the management team was not the best at the time, but that has changed now. I do believe it is a good place to work with the new management. It's nice when you can help the customers and chat with them a little.

Value village

Toxic environment, false promises for advancement, favoritism for those who do not deserve promotions, low pay rate, cold working conditions , stressful pressure by management to meet unrealistic quotas , always understaffed

One of the best workplaces I have worked

With the majority of workplaces I have been to, here is great atmosphere. I connected with co-workers as well as with the management. It is like working with family away from home. They worked along with me when I had health/family situations. They guide you to better success within the workplace rather then making you feel bad that you couldn't do something. They try to promote and make you feel like every accomplishment matters (which it should, but not all workplaces do this). I enjoy working here with how much they try their best to recycle everything. I find the hardest part is being on your feet all day when you start, get comfy shoes for walking/standing all day.

It was a fun place to work, and it helped me developed great skills

Working here really helped me to further develop my leadership and interpersonal skills. Management could have been better, but to my knowledge it has gotten better since I left! Overall, it was a very fun place to work and I would recommend it!

Jobs at Value Village

in London, ON
See more jobs

Experience is really the only thing I received

The work started out okay, but I soon started to feel target by the management. I would do something that was in my task, and when I would take a small breather, I would get berated by a supervisor or manager who would just think that I wasn't doing anything for a while.

Pros

Employee discount

Cons

Only high hours during the busy holiday seasons

Cashier , Fitting Rooms

This was my first job and i learned alot . It was that little push to get me out of my shell. I got to interact with a variety of people and build my customer service skills. The environment was okay i put up with and did more than i got paid for. i did not enjoy having oncalls because it did not give me any chance to have a life. The most enjoyable part at this job was having fun with my coworkers making customers laugh and finding cool pieces.

fun place

the managers and staff made this place a fun and safe place to work at. we had several fun things throughout my time here halloween was the best time of the year.

Great Staff

the establishment had very caring staff and great opportunities for advancement within the company. They always ensured you had a great shift with them!

Pros

great schedule

Decent place

It was a good place to work for the most part. Some Management were amazing, others not so much. Communication wasn't very good between management. Thus not great for staff. Fun environment to work in for the most part

Does NOT invest in team member success

Countless times have I tried to do my job but could not because I did not have the tools to do my job. They say that they promote from within I have never seen this in my time there.

Pros

You get paid.

Cons

Not taking employees seriously. Take advantage of good nature-ed folks.

Learn many different aspects of the job. Physically demanding Friendly atmosphere Always something new Management helpful incentives lunches provided on special occasions

Awesome

Awesome company Great people Great management I had the best experience ever working in this company I miss working here. This company I would recommend to any one

Fun and Friendly Emvironment

Great team environment. Everyone is supportive. Good work/life balance. A few issues with upper management. Fun team building events. Great staff discount.

Pros

Great Discounts

Overall great people to work with

Took too long for training to be completed, 8 moths and still was not done. Right hand had a hard time talking and communicating with the left. Store manager was awesome and so was the Production Manager.

Pros

Team atmosphere

Cons

training never fully completed

Job Fulfillment

Great place to work! Very fulfilling Care about people and the environment! Excellent benefits paid vacation...product discount medical and dental

2.9Job security/advancement