Value Village logo
Value Village

Value Village Employee Reviews in Lethbridge, AB

Found 8 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,734 reviews

It was ok

I really did not enjoy working there at all. I found out my dad was passing away and i felt that they did not care at all. I was really hurt that the manger did not take the time to care.

Pros

I liked the people i work with.

Cons

I did not care for the manager.

Only take this job if you have to

Management was lacklustre and very very behind with the times, they are out of touch with the customer base and the community at large, and trying to get any type of request or form by them is a painfully long task. The employees and some supervisors are treated like garbage, while the higher up management is very cliquy and not friendly to approach. The customers that come through are also very rude, and it has only gotten worse the COVID-19 restrictions in place, which the store was not really trying to implement anyways. For minimum wage, you're better off trying something else

Pros

The co-workers who also hate working there

Cons

Terrible management, rude customers, no team member safety

Decent first job

Each day was very stressful. I am not going to butter this up. You deal with the type of people who complain to you about prices as if you make them. You deal with drunk people. People who don't have any respect for the store or products. You deal with people who tell you how to do your job as if they know. You deal with disgusting bathrooms. I was not a fan of anything Value Village customers have to do with the experience.

Pros

two fifteen minute breaks and one unpaid half an hour break

Cons

rude customers, have to deal with breakable housewares

My coworkers are like family and it is a great environment to work in.

• Value village taught me patience and good communication skills with both the customers and my coworkers. • My job includes handling cash properly, cleaning up the store (general recovery), helping customers find what they want, organizing racks of clothes in order, managing multiple tasks at once, putting away items to their proper place and seeking out loss prevention.

Pros

I get along with the people that work there and the customers.

Cons

Not enough pay

Fun, fast paced environment

Everyone was always very friendly, they give you amazing hands on training and if you make a mistake they are confidential about it which was nice. The team really works as a family.

Decent place

Management wasn't great, and they didn't work well with my availability. Knew I was in school full time, hired as part time and had me working 6+ hours every day that I was done school at 3 and had 8 hours on days I had off of school.

Productive workplace

typical day have to meet quotas Learned different brands and collectibles Management is good Loved some of my co-workers they had great personalities Hardest part is meeting quotas some days Most enjoyable is the co-workers

Great safe and fun working environment

Wonderful staff that become quick friends and make work fun every day

Jobs at Value Village