Value Village logo
Value Village

Value Village Employee Reviews in Leamington, ON

Found 3 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,729 reviews

Decent work

This was my first job. I cannot complain about anything. The training was quick yet effective so i quickly got to work confident that i knew what i was doing. Management was well organized and they always ensured to meet my needs as much as they could. Overall, great first job.

Terrible Management

When I worked at Value Village I worked within the Production Assembly Line in the backroom. We were expected to make certain quota within certain time-frames that were impossible to make. We would have to lift donation bags that ranged anywhere from a couple pounds to 100+ pounds onto a sorting table. While sorting you have to stick your hands into bags filled with unrecognizable odours, garbage, etc and sometimes even needles and other dangerous objects - although you wore gloves this was still a hazardous job to complete. You had to send certain products down the line and so many numbers of items to hit quota but when you received moldy bags the management wouldn't let that stop you from sending items down the line nor would they understand why you aren't hitting quota - they would make you sort more and longer just to reach numbers - you never knew when you were going to be able to go home.

Pros

Breaks, Friendly Co-workers, Music Playing

Cons

Long hours, Poor Management, Unacceptable Expectations, No Advancement

Customer Service is Key

Value Village was one of my first 'grown up jobs'. I was with the company for two years. They not only have great opportunity for employees but they also better the community in more ways then one would think.

Cons

sale days.

Jobs at Value Village