Value Village logo
Value Village

Value Village Employee Reviews in Kingston, ON

Found 5 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,736 reviews

Fun

It was a good place to work. I had some friends who worked there as well which made long ays slightly more enjoyable. Staff from managers to cashiers were all nice.

Great routine job

I found myself doing the same thing every day. I really like that in a job and the management was great. I had no issue making friends and talking to customers.

Pros

Great Coworkers

Cons

I was only seasonal

Busy

Busy Pricing/Putting product out quicky and timely Good Managment Great Staff None always a learning experience Coffee time with everyone and good customers

Fun, friendly place to work with a strive for daily excellent customer satisfaction

A typical day of work would include getting assigned a cash register for the day. My first 2 hours of my shift would be spent on cash. I would say the most enjoyable and hardest part of my job is talking to the customers. I love talking to people from all walks of life. I learn new things from my customers on a daily basis. I like complementing them on their purchases. Sometimes making a simple compliment can make anybody's day. On the other hand, some customers can be a real handful. They easily can get upset if their coupons have expired or they don't like the prices. I have learned patience while dealing with these customers. There is no sense making the situation worse by getting frustrated. I calmly talk to them and if the situation gets worse then I simply call a manager. The management is wonderful. They treat the employees well and back them up when an unpleasant situation arises.

Pros

I get along with everyone that I work with, I have been praised for my work by both my managers and customers

Cons

Not getting hours, not all employees do their fair share of the work

Productive workplace

Everyone is very friendly. Customers are sweet and kind. Very fast pace Great hours and benefits Could be a couple changes with current set up of work area, but other than that love working for Value Village and glad I've got given the chance to work for such a great team.

Jobs at Value Village