Value Village

Value Village Employee Reviews in Kamloops, BC

Found 9 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,768 reviews

Fun work environment, good training, good benefits.

A great place to work, good training, benefits, good staff, good management. Treated fairly, good teamwork, good support, community culture, customer service oriented workplace.

Stressful and dirty workplace

This was honestly the most physically and mentally draining job I have ever had. I would not recommend this job to anyone with preexisting medical problems such as anxiety or depression.

Fantastic place to work,

A typical day for me was unloading trucks, take donations, building and weighing carts, price merchandise, Clean restroom and parking area, mop floors, ensure sales area was presentable. I learned so much about the company through computer training everything is provided. Management was very good and easy to approach did there best with what they had to work with. Co-workers where friendly and helpful. For me the hardest part of the job was late start on opening shift on Sunday due to bus service, management was not very understanding about changing my availability and I had to leave but other than that it was a great place to work. I enjoyed the interactions I had with customers and staff it was fun.

Fun and positive workplace.

A very good place to work. Managers are very nice and employees are amazing to work with. Customers can sometimes be difficult to deal with. Management recognizes good employees.

Pros

awesome job

Liked the job

It was hard. I have been in retail for so long that to me this was just a job. There was no where to go, no advancement. Just stuck in one position. So i had to go.

Stressful , not a place I would reccomend

The job per Se is a great job, interesting to say the least, it's the unethical treatment from management which is deplorable. You are given a high goal to do in your shift, if you can not attain that goal you are threatened with the loss of your job. Considering the nature of the donations that is not always feasible, quite often you are dealing with pure garbage or unacceptable items. Broken dishes, burnt or filthy pots and pans, small appliances that don't work. How ever that is not an acceptable response when questioned as to why you didn't achieve your goal. Most enjoyable aspect of the job was seeing all the neat things come in especially the antiques.

Pros

benefits, paycheque, co workers

Cons

being threatened with the loss of your job if you don't reach your goals

Very interesting company with excellent values but hard to organized as dependent on public donation

Arrive check work stations for supplies needed for day of processing. Check emails for updates from head office. Work out how much weight needed to meet quota for day. Poll tills from night before, bid total floats in each till, and in safe. Start floor maintenance to have room for new items that day. Prepare for production start and deliveries of donations. Do floor walk to look for growth opportunities.

Pros

Discount purchasing

Cons

salary and long hours

Learner alot from this experience being in management

Dealing with customers, and staff.Learner about paper work and leadership.Management team was good.Co- workers were friendly.Hardest part was learning everything and the passwords.being around a friendly environment and having responsibilities.

Pros

pay, and medical and dental

Cons

Sorting & tagging itemsspeedGood but, demanding.good co-worker very helpful.

Pros

discounts

Cons

stressful

Jobs at Value Village