Value Village
Savers/Value Village

Value Village Employee Reviews in Halifax, NS

My savers experience was delightful. I have made many friends, some that I am still friends with even now that I haven't been employed with Savers. The management was very well organized and most of the management were understanding when you needed to talk. However, it was hard work, the hours were long and the pay cheque's were not that rewarding for the amount of hard work done.
Pros
A lot of free lunches
Cons
Strict rules
Honestly when I started at value village, I throught i struck gold with my first job, working at a thrift store i loved shopping at. My thoughts we're quickly dashed. All they cared about is Numbers, numbers, numbers and dont give a lick about you. You are treated like the stuff you sort on the table TRASH. Policies change DAILY, so if something was ok one day thatcsame thing could get you fired the next. I had safety concerns when i worked there and when i told them it was swept under the rug. Driving a forklift in a PACKED warehouse, stuff falling over, no dumpster space, trucks not showing up and people yelling at you from production for stuff constantly. I dunno maybe a cashier would be better, but avoid the "Recycler" position unless you want to have a nervous meltdown. Front store staff and alot of production staff are absolute sweethearts EXCEPT for the supervisors. They love to micro manage. AVOID THIS PLACE!
So overwhelming for just minimum wage! Management is constantly staring at you well you work. Worst job i ever had!...................................
Pros
Morning shifts
Cons
Under paid and bad management
YOU will be treated like a piece of trash plan and simple. Overworked and underpaid . Lots of pressure and very bad treatment no matter how good a worker you are or how hard you will you will never hear a kind word and will be degraded on a daily bases. I will never put anything in a donation box again.
Pros
there are no pros to working here
Cons
everything, if you like being abused this is the place for you
Every person is looking for something different, and this job is the perfect fit for almost anyone!! Very flexible hours, lots of different positions. Fast paced environment makes time go by very fast! :)
i would not recommend this place to anyone. The management and staff at this place are horrible and they do not do anything to benefit their staff they cut corner where they can just to save a buck. terrible place to work turnover rate is insanely high and for good reason.
Pros
some of the workers
Cons
everything
They suck you in with videos and glorify what would be an awesome place to work and then when you get to it you learn soon that you are just underpaid numbers. Job security is non existent, management tells you one thing and then reprimand you for it a week later.
Pros
Team members
Cons
Treated like machinery
Management is awful and punishes their employees for every wrong move. The atmosphere is depressing and the employees aren't happy. I would not recommend this place to anyone.
Pros
Cons
Terrible Management
A good place to work and get to know people, as the store is big you get to move around quite a bit and that if you're on the floor you would be moving between the stacks arranging the dresses and items because it tends to get messy, otherwise a good place to work and go shopping
Pros
don't know
Cons
don't know
My direct supervisor was very good but the store manager was awful, one of the most ungrateful bosses I've ever worked for.
hello i worked as a cashier at value village love meeting new people and got asked to help the customers find what they needed my coworkers were fun to work with we were like one big happy faimly i felt very welcomed in this job the management was good to the place was always clean and tidy we worked together as a team and helped one another with the task we had to do the hardest part of the job was it always had to be cleaned all the time but i enjoyed the challenge the most fun part of the job was helping the customers find outfiits
Pros
friendly people
Cons
One of the best companies I've ever worked for.They are a growth company which is nice.
Pros
great comission and benfits package