Value Village logo
Value Village

Value Village Employee Reviews in Greater Sudbury, ON

Found 16 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,729 reviews

Stressful and demanding place

Value was a good experience since we had to deal with a lot, but Id see team members including me run back and fourth getting injured and feeling exhausted just to be treated like we were nothing by the customers. Most team members and female manager/supervisor had to deal with a lot of terrible customers while the male manager/CEO didn't face much. being payed minimum wage for 8 hours a day after we run everywhere, deal with everything during a really busy day while understaffed wasn't fun. The management have to start listening to us since sometimes people who work there dont due their jobs.

Pros

Good co workers, good experience

Cons

Customers, management, safety and health of the team members, stressful

fast pace...low pay

For the amount of work you do for the amount you get paid, very stressful. You pay for your own benefits. And remember, you are a team member and you belong to them. You can't do anything your way or how it is comfortable to you. Training is BS. Oh ya, and special treatment for certain employees.

Pros

face paced, good team

Cons

pay and bosses

Very coopertive and calm work culture

I started as a part-time worker there and I quite liked the work culture and especially the supervisors I was working with they were pretty helpful and supportive in everything I was doing.

Drive recyclers into the ground

For the most part VV was a good place to work, except for management. Production manager playing favorites and demanding the near impossible unless you were one of the favorites, then reprimanding you if you "failed to achieve."

Long tedious work with indecisive leadership and weak training.

You show up. Do what your told. Get complaints for doing what your told. Get told to do more then your capable of and receive further complaints. You get a heavy workout. Typically short staffed or untrained.

Pros

Hard working long term co-workers.

Cons

Indecisive leadership.

Lots of team work

You will be working with someone else a lot, so you need to befriend them. The managers are nice, but sometimes they will mess up your scheduling. You need to keep your schedule with you to prove their mistake. Not recomended for students since this job causes a lot of stress.

Horrible place to work

If you are a well paced worker, this job isn’t for you... everyone is slow paced which makes the day go by longer and end up having to stay later than expected. Hours are given good but definitely not enough staff everyday. Workers are nice but very slow paced and don’t care about how much they slack

Pros

Breaks and lunches

Cons

Long hours, slow workers, usually staying later than expected because of slow paced workers.

Physical and Mentally exhausting

Typically we are to clean to the building before the store opens, keeping it clean. I learned that it is important to follow the rules of the store to keep a healthy routine running. The management, in my opinion, was quite forceful and wouldn't demonstrate needs and if done wrong, scold us for not doing it properly. The hardest part of the job was watching others work really hard and not get any reward for it. In fact, would get insulted for not working hard enough. The most enjoyable part of the job was when we were at lunch and having a conversation with each other.

Pros

2 Breaks 1 lunch

Cons

Management doesn't care about your well-being

Not a typical retail position

I have never worked for a company that has done more good within a community on grass-roots level to help local community groups, non-profits, and individuals alike and yet receive virtually no recognition or credit for their efforts. The company is much misaligned in social media by misinformed individuals who are largely ignorant of the various programs and partnerships that run behind the scenes of the retail operation. Yes, the company sells second-hand goods but that is just one facet of it's operation, and it's the least interesting facet in my opinion.

Pros

Helping local non-profits and individuals in need, protecting the environment, talking to regular customers about the items that they collect

Fast paced and fun environment

If your looking for a fast paced environment, and strive to exceed your expectations you'll love working at Value Village. it's rewarding and pushes you to exceed your goals.

Pros

Benefits, Bonus

Cons

Down time

Jobs at Value Village

in Greater Sudbury, ON
See more jobs

productive and fun working place

i have gained knowledge and experience with material handling, hard goods, hazardous waste, truck unloading and recycling. The managers are very nice and are willing to work around any problems that u may have, they are very much willing to help you grow within the company. The best part of the job was meeting new people and making many new friends, it has a very friendly and welcoming atmosphere. The hardest part of the job was getting to know all the components when training in the bio hazard section in the production area.

Pros

on certain holidays we get pizza or swiss challet we even had mcdonalds!

Cons

hard labour in the procution area

Nice working with the people

Have a very nice way of dealing with others that helps in making good customer relations and also helps build the good reputation of the company as a whole.

Pros

Very helpful in

Cons

Short Hours

Very productive and welcoming environment

Enjoyed the environment. Very welcoming and understanding. Loved being busy from the start of my shift to the end, there was always something I could be doing. Loved how I was never at a stand still.

Pros

Meeting lots of people and establishing professional relationships.

Cons

Receiving garbage in donations

Productive and welcoming atmosphere. Approachable managers and friendly co-workers.

My job would involve accepting donations to the thrift store from customers. At Value Village I learned valuable team working skills. How to communicate with other employees to help get the job done.

interesting stuff and good hours

went threw three store managers in a year made min wage had increasing quotas placed on us advertised values different from actual values

Pros

hours

Cons

poor employee moral

Great place to work and shop

My tasks were helping customers find clothing, pricing clothing, assisting customers

Pros

nice people to work with, everyone got along great

Cons

not many hours

2.9Job security/advancement