Value Village logo
Value Village
Happiness score is 51 out of 100Below average

Value Village Employee Reviews in Grande Prairie, AB

Found 14 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,729 reviews

Could be better management, better scheduling.

I enjoyed most of my fellow employees and working with the public. The manager was not always truthful and relayed information to best suit him. Was promised supervisor position and he never followed through.

Pros

My co workers, benefits, flexible schedule.

Cons

Not organized and poor management

Value village

Loved everyone there but get use to people steals it's a constant issue in the store and people just messing up the store for fun Halloween is my favorite time of year at that store it's very family oriented

Terrible

Company is extremely self centered and doesn't care much about their employees. All they care about is hitting quota which can be nearly impossible some days.

Productive and friendly work enviroment

I enjoy working there, the people I work with are incredible and we all work well as a team. We are always there for each other when or if needed. We've leaned on each other during hard times.

Grande prairie

Management is the biggest downfall of this company. The current store manager has no business running a store . The other female managers are arrogant and clickly. Don’t bother applying.

Great staff

The staff is great to work with some management is great as well it's because of one management member I am looking for a new line of work. The company is great as well .

Pros

team members

Cons

some management

It was ok for a start

It was the same thing over and over again. The co-workers and the managers/supervisors where great for the most part. The pay and the benefits are a joke for the amount of work you do.

Awesome place to work

Productive, fun and a great team of ladies to work with. The Management team are caring and recognize the hard work their employees do. I would recommend working for Value Village to anyone and have recruited new people to work there.

Pros

Lunches provided for a job well done

Great team work

I enjoy working here it has shown me allot of different opportunities I just want to do something different now. The management team is great, the overall enviroment is great.

Pros

Fun place

A day in paradise

Start time is at 7:30 and you finish at 4. There are 3 breaks. The store needs to be cleaned out before it opens up, that is part of my job. After we process donations, and determine if the item is sell able or not. The hardest part of y job is the dust, and how dirty it is. The fun part is the customers and some co-workers are fun and enjoyable to be around.

Benefits

Cons

long list

Jobs at Value Village

in Grande Prairie, AB
See more jobs

it was okay

The management was the worst, they were not friendly or understanding of anything. I would not recommend this job to anyone.

Good team

It was a good place to work alot of challenges learning my new role within the company

Great people, Advancement

I enjoyed this job, the management treated us as equals and the pay was great, was hired full time, stable and advancement opportunities always available, flexible hours.

A fast pace enviornment that helps people buy garments or house hold items at reasonable prices

I would get to work and start off collecting a donation or cleaning the back and front of the store, sorting through donations, weighing donations on carts, casually pricing donations, helping customers and I casually worked till. I learned how to work in a large company with multiple co-workers. My co-workers were awesome, I made so many awesoem friends at Value Village. The hardest part working at Value Village was working till 9 on school nights and the most enjoyable part of the job was all the AWESOME people I met.

Pros

inbetween school and home

Cons

working till 9 at night

2.9Job security/advancement