Value Village logo
Happiness score is 51 out of 100Below average

Value Village Employee Reviews in Fredericton, NB

Found 7 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,734 reviews

fun job.poor management

A typical day is i arrive for my shift we have our team meeting to get our assignments for the day then we break off to do whatever is asked i learned to be patient with indecisive customers and to inform them the best i can on any product they may be interested in, If I'm not knowledgeable on the item i will put them in touch with someone that is.

Cons

management

Poor place to work

While the people I have worked with were generally very nice people and I enjoyed my time working with them, it is a very stressful environment. The environment was very disorganized, and you had to take a fair bit of abuse from customers and upper management. Several people including myself left around the same time.

Pros

Fun co-workers, sometimes free lunches

Cons

Poor management, disorganized, high turnover rate

Terrible management

They required me to come in on a day that I was not scheduled or on call, although I would have came in if I had transportation, but they insisted over the phone in the same conversation that I quit because I could not come in.

Management was a joke.

Job was unbalanced, coworkers where harassing to others and had poor attitudes, mangers harassed store workers, benefits after 3 months did not happen. Mangers would let customers harass store members.

Cons

Lots of harassment

Profits driven

Management doesn't care about its employees - no matter what they try to tell you. So long as they're making a profit - employees are safe. Otherwise, the rotating door will continue with employees, whether they be in management for the store, or the grunt workers who work very hard.

Pros

Discounts on products

Cons

Your mental & physical well-being are in jeopardy.

Fun place to work

was fun and easy going. great people. it was fun to organize and dress up in halloween costumes. people reacted well to the help of the costume consultants.

Pros

free mug

fun workplace

learned a lot of different ways to approach a cutoimer and ask the same questions in different ways.

Pros

interacting with cutomers

Jobs at Value Village