Value Village logo
Value Village

Value Village Employee Reviews in Etobicoke, ON

Found 7 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,734 reviews

Good to work with.

I think as a beginner, its really fun to work with. you'll learn different things in the store. Can add experience especially in dealing with customers and other people.

The worst job I ever had

The worst job I have ever had very unsafe they don't care about their employees only unreachable quotes just before last break Will tell you no break because the company wants to cut hours end up still being there 8.5 hours 4 supervisors can be on the floor at any given time standing behind you micromanaging with a clipboard rating you, power struggle amongs supervisors

Loud, yet productive workplace

a typical day at work is coming in at 7:30 am, usually "rolling" clothes that were left from the previous day and then going to do your job, whether it be grader, roller, or working with the machines. some of the people there are very nice and others HATED being there and just needed money to survive. I must say the people i worked with made work a little bit more enjoyable. overall management isnt really understanding at all,and they seemed confused sometimes the most enjoyable part of the job is your 30 minute lunch, which is not paid either. the hardest part of the job is the constant standing in one spot. The actual work is not hard to do at all, and its a good place to be at for a couple months but for only 14/hr it isnt a "forever" job. I suggest buying high quality shoe soles if youre interested in working in the back as production.

Pros

weeks go by fast because you dont realise how long you've been standing

Cons

long hours, pay, management, short breaks, stress on the body

Incompetant

The managers at this location are very incompetent and have an attitude problem. Hours get cut constantly and people are constantly quitting. Very miserable place to work.

nice

Working with this company was very benifical in advancing my mathematics and enlgish, honestly cant say a better company than this one right here yes l

Fast paced environment

A typical day at work consisted of attending to customers who came to make donations, explaining the benefits of their donations to the local non-profit (The Canadian Diabetes Association) and taking their donations to the production team. I learnt the values of team work and what it takes to be indispensable as a team player. The management was good and considerate of her employees, especially when it came to health issues. I enjoyed working with almost all of my co-workers and for the few who tried to make life difficult for me, I learnt how to work with them. The hardest part of the job was when I was asked to work with the production team. The job entailed taking care of the garbage, ensuring that the ladies who sorted had enough merchandise to sort, etc. The most enjoyable part of the job was in tracking when the trucks would arrive with donations.

Pros

Free food on multiple days

Cons

Standing for long hours

A day in the life of Management

Great company to work for, They do many great things for the community. A typical day would be arriving at 7:30am, reviewing the previous days sales, schedules, trucks and quotas. We would then have a morning meeting informing the team of the previous days goals that were hit. It is a fast placed enviroment with alot of different departments to learn. The most enjoyable part was the team members and the customers. The hardest part was not hitting our quotas and telling everyone we did not get bonus when they all tried so hard.

Pros

Alot to learn, and you feel good about what you are accomplishing.

Cons

No security

Jobs at Value Village