Value Village
Savers/Value Village

Value Village Employee Reviews in Dartmouth, NS

A typical day at work would consist of the store being extremely busy and we would never have enough employers to keep the store clean at all times. Instead everyone is that the cash register while 2 people have to sort through the clothes at the fitting rooms and the other has to clean the whole store by themselves. Apart from 2 managers the management was great. The most enjoyable part of the job was to see all the seniors shopping.
Pros
30% off of your purchases
Cons
Unpaid lunch and sometimes annoying customers from the Dartmouth general
Team is very nice to work with, Employees are warm . Company provides accommodation to employee if needed. Highly effective team work. Easy to go team .
Pros
Free lunches, parties and christmas gift cards
Cons: A poor managed store. Long hard work for little pay . They say no weekends but surprise you with them. On occasion. Too many management positions not enough production workers . They don't listen to their staff. Pros: Monday- Friday 8-4:30 Discount
Worked here for 2 years was a great place great people hrs were not consistent so you could never budget properly as well as allways hiring people when it was not needed
Pros
People, Mangers
Cons
Lack of hrs, long shifts
The supervisors and coworkers are very helpful in answering any questions during training as well as helping with personal struggles that may affect work ethic. The hardest part of the job was standing for long hours. The most enjoyable part was how easy it was to learn where things went in the store. (clothing, miscellaneous items, etc.)
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Standing for long hours
I have been lucky enough to be in a company that values their employees. Management is efficient and knowledgeable, and I've learned so much from them. Leaving Value Village is difficult, but because of physical limitations I can no longer effectively do the work required of me.
Pros
great bosses, excellent working hours/benefits
Cons
quotas
As a production worker, you are required to work unreasonably hard with unreachable quotas. You're treated as slaves by management, in a moldy, dusty environment with no air ventilation. Very little chance for advancement.
Pros
some benifits.
Cons
long hours, bad management
Everyone working against each other and good work unrewarded while good employees are punished. A corrupt system run by corrupt people.
Fast Paced Environment, full time hours however low wages, weekends off. Work as team. Learn multiple skills and ability to move within departments within the company.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
high work load low wages
So much nope here you can't begin to imagine. NOT a good place to work - the management are straight up bullies and hateful people. They have NO compassion for personal crisis or emergency - as evidenced by certain managers who don't care at all if your Aunt dies or if your cousin gets hit by a car. The employee turnover rate is so bad they're constantly trying to hire people and people are constantly walking out after a week/week and a half. Just don't work here unless you're desperate.
It is a very fast pace job, which reqires you to be on your feet the whole day. I learned many things from my job experience. My favorite part of the job is knowing that all items that are unsold get sent away to other countries for them to use. Everything gets recycled.
I enjoyed working here for the most part my fellow co-workers were great i stayed so long because of them.I experience moving store locations while working there. I never knew they were so wasteful while moving to new locations. what didn't get sold in sale was thrown away. which goes agents their store polices.the store manager was awful, she would try to make you respect her with fear, or threats. Try to rule your life in and outside of work. make you work late nights (12 am) then really early mornings (5 am)She would let the male workers getting away with everything but one trip up from a female worker and get yelled at.The hardest part of the job was working for and with the store managerI really enjoyed working with my fellow co-workers, being a Supervisor was nice, making up the scheduled and the bank depositsThe discount we got working there was also a nice bonus.
Pros
discount, co-workers
Cons
store manager, wasteful