Value Village
Savers/Value Village

Value Village Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

production management won't praise you for a good job just writes you up for tiny mistakes. Has favorite employees who get away with anything. Belittles you if you're still learning. Production supervisors are the only saving grace
Pros
Supportive supervisors. And half price clothing
Cons
Location was awesome .. bus and walking .. however workin production sucked .. mean people and favortism on so many levels .. l was trained by another person from edmonton n what l was later told is l was doin everything wrong .. they expect u to do more than u can in a day n then give u shot cuz THEY sent production home early n after u ask to stay so u can finish .. they give u heck cuz u didnt finish processing ..
Pros
Close location hours
Cons
Mean supervisors .. ALOT of favoritism .. over worked under appreciated
Probably one of the worst jobs I have ever had. My coworkers were alright at best, majority of the time I felt like I wasn't part of the team. Lots of drama, really poor management. One of my biggest issues is the lack of concern over hazards that can cause long term health problems. Not a single mention of any of the health issues that come with the job, lack of PPE in certain situations while working.
Pros
It's a job with benefits
Cons
Low wage, shotty management.
Great place for Team building skills. Fun and collaborative work environment. enjoyed working here because get to meet new faces everyday. Management team super friendly and helpful.
Value Village is a great place to work. From Management down to Team members are all awesome and amazing! The safety of employees are their concern. I love Value Village so much! I miss working with them too...
The work was driven by the needs of the business. Some days were shortened if insufficient product was available. Lots (almost non-stop) of lifting required throughout day.
Value Village is a fun place to work where along with the salary we get employee benefits too. The employees get a 50% discount on most of the items while 30% off on some expensive products.
a typical day at value village starts with a meeting of what the goals of the day and the manager will use this time to assign jobs. After the meeting, you will begin work at your allocated department until the end unless you are needed in another department. I have learned how to become more communicative with costumers during my work at value village. Standing all-day is by far the hardest part of the shift but is bearable when you meet lovely costumers who talk and crack jokes which could make your day.
Working in a fast phase and slow phase sometimes. They have the competitiveness against other branches of value village. Always on the top 3 out of all the branches in Canada.
Great place for work. Team member and management are friendly.Good discount. I really like to work there. Mostly I like the idea of this company to save the earth.
I was comfortable working with the team members and management during my shifts. The work load was not heavy and I finished all I could during my shift.
Don't work here. If you're good at your job, they'll bog you down with so much work that you physically cannot stay ahead, then berate you for falling behind. When the forklift broke down, they told me to push it. When it was my turn for lunch, I had to ask three supervisors (who were doing nothing except chatting) before they sent a replacement. Every day.
Working at value village was a great experience there were some pros and cons like any other normal jobs would have. The worse part was the last minute schedule changes. I got to meet and work with many friendly staff members from production and my own people from the donation centre. However, the management always does our schedules the last minute which needs to change. Cause it makes working there a lot harder. The donors are amazing and friendly. They are kind. Overall it was a great experience meeting new people and having friendly staff.
Very stressful place to work, all about numbers and can’t trust management. Would lie and though you under the bus to get ahead.ok if it’s only temporary.
Pros
Lunch on sale days
Cons
Stress you too the max to make quota
The team of people who work there are amazing, the manager is not. the company is not about it's people, but is now all about the corporate atmosphere.
Pros
team members
Cons
expectations from management
Worked at lethbridge store 4 yrs, loved it! Calgary's chinook store is terrible. Very unsafe, messy, disorganized production room. Prod. Manager is very disconnected from her employees and avoids telling you straight up and throws her supervisors under the bus to avoid looking like the bad guy. The quotas the company expects from their employees is ridiculous, especially for the housewares team. Everyone who works there is in a constant state of stress and anxiety and it is over all a unsatisfactory place to work. Not to mention they most likely will pay you just above minimum wage for a 40+ hour a week job that you have to work your butt off everyday in fear of getting written up or fired.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Low pay for work load.
I was a nice experience working with the best of people at savers. The growth chances were limited but the work environment was nice. Direct managers were a bit snobbish and careless
Good schedule, labor intensive, fast phased, reasonable management, should improve team work in all departments, with benefit, and performance recognition.
Pros
benefit
Cons
stress
Horrible treatment of employees, the managers are not capable of understanding others jobs which leads to constant issues between employ and management.
Pros
Cons
hard work minimum pay
The work is at times very strenuous and the workdays feel long. Corporate standards very strictly adhered to, which creates a staff that delivers very proactive customer service but also creates resentment between the team and the management. A lot of dissatisfaction from staff in regards to management- staff concerns generally ignored and disregarded (at least in my experience from my time working there.)
Very good experience, good environment with the crew members on the sale floor, working with different cultural team, the environment at work very diverse.