Value Village logo
Value Village
Happiness score is 51 out of 100Below average

Value Village Employee Reviews in Burnaby, BC

Found 12 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,733 reviews

Productive and good customer connection

Atypical day involved receiving merchandize and entering them in inventory system. Making sure that clients receive exceptional Customer service from the time they enter the store to the time they leave. Maximizing and keeping truck of sales per hour to avoid high costs of labour. Enjoyed connecting with customers both new and old ones.

Pros

Associate discounts

Cons

Management exploits employees and is concerned only of profit.

The worst employer I have ever come across. Management expects employees to work at a pace that even they can't keep up with. Washroom breaks outside of coffee or lunch breaks are frowned upon as they consider these breaks as time lost for the company. When an employee needs to take a day off from work it can be difficult to stay home. Manager does not like absences no matter the reason. Merchandise is over-priced and hardly any benefits for employees.

Its a fun place to work.

I worked for Value Village for over ten years and I miss my family. My store closed and i didnt want to transfer to another, instead I settled. I would like to work here again.

Pros

sometimes free lunches.

Cons

overtime

DId not appreciate well for the hard work I had put into this company, even though a lot of work was done on the computer, but the management could use some upgrade.

Pros

Free COffee

productive atmosphere

I have been working at savers company for a period of 2 weeks I liked the idea that the company is making profit by accepting donations on behalf of big brothers and then sell them .I think the company has a great approach to make use of donated items.

Pros

All the staff members treat everyone respectfully

Cons

working with unclean clothes

it keeps me busy

working at value village is challenging but fun. Challenging because, most of the time we work under pressure. Fun because you meet a lot of people, you could learn something every day that you can apply for your daily lives.

Fun and productive very busy

This place is great to work at benefits can be much better. Managers suck, they are always changing. Food is great learned a lot there. Coworkers like family 🙂

Pros

Picnics

Its a Fun Place to Work

It is fun to work for Value Village, team members are like family, nice and helpful, getting along great too :) A typical day at work is like joking around but u still get your job done. If you have any problems, let management know and I don't think maybe the hardest part would be the rolling of bagging items if you are the bagger for example and you have to do it yourself plus have the quota done but I know I can do it!! :))

Pros

free lunches, barbeques

Cons

more pay, long hours but go by fast..

fast paced job

this is a fast based job, being able to plan and priorities on the fly is an everyday occurrence. I love the team we have put together as well as dealing with the diverse amount of people i can interact with everyday at my job. They give you school equivalent business management training with on the job training. Great place to get experiance.

Pros

team party's, sales bonus, good experiance

Cons

long hours, low wage

Fun work place

Everyday is a stressfull but funny day. Be patient. Friendly co-workers. When you have a dust allergy and everyday you inhaled lots of dust. Customer service.

Jobs at Value Village