Value Village logo
Value Village

Value Village Employee Reviews in Brantford, ON

Found 19 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,739 reviews

Poor Workplace

Managers need to be trained better. Everyone has a negative attitude, the only way you will make it working at this company is if you become friends with the 4 people who are not horrible. Managers have a horrible attitude everyone talks about each other. Overall you don't feel like your job is a safe place.

Pass on working here

Favouritism is abundant. The only way to move up is to be favoured by management and not through hard work. Poor morale and gossip initiated by management. Any suggestions are shot down

overworked

they make you over work for as cheap as possible and the company saving money is more important than anything else, even safety. everyone felt overworked and stressed.

Excellent work experience

Friendly management and cooperative team members. High safety concerns. You can talk about your personal difficulties and or feelings that have influence to your work at value vilage.. They listen and try to find solutions

Team Member Review

I had a great work experience working here the people were nice met a lot of people helped me expand my customer service skills a lot had amazing management would recommend this job to some who likes clothing & donating.

Productive, energetic workplace with great co-workers

Management was always friendly, as well as other team members. The job was easy, the only true difficulty came with the sale days and subsequent increase of customers that came with them.

value village

I worked at Savers aka Value Village for the Helloween help, not a reallly bad place to work but like any job, it gots its good and bad things witch .

excellent

Excellent place to work, would highly recommend. Always room for growth with great training. Friendly, helpfull staff. great benefits. one big family.

Nice team members

Horrible management team great team members but management under appreciates the staff and targets certain people as "special" and allow the others to pick up their slack

great place

great people to work for. kind and considerate and enthusiastic. very relaxed yet professional in every way. learned how to take phone calls and book training as well as work for their other owned company H.O. Wipers cutting clothing into rags for industrial purposes.

Pros

very friendly people

Jobs at Value Village

in Brantford, ON
See more jobs

Good

Challenging and always learning new things. Lots of growth opportunity. Fun days. Eco friendly. Busy days. Cross training. Learn lots of new skills. Great community connections.

Very fast paced but always a good group to work with

very fast paced and always trying to improve there numbers, its all about the production and how much they can get out in a day! if you are a very fast paced worker and don't mind mold and fleas then it is great!

Pros

good group of people

Cons

dirty

Positive team atmosphere

management and my team made this job as good as it was. Frequent team-building allowed one to know their co-workers and help teach us to work together.

fast paced and productive workplace. Always room for opportunity.

In a typical day, there is always review with the SM, as to what is needed to be done for that day, along with upcoming deadlines. there is planning and focus needed to organize the day, around break coverage, or meetings scheduled. then the execution of the daily plans. Through the ISM, our weekly sales plan, there needs to be planning and thought put into it. Any product that is on sale, that is not placed in the proper setting throughout the store can negatively affect your sales goals. there is always opportunity for movement of product through the store. Being in the " Hard lines" part of the store, organization is a must. Signage must be checked or changed daily, for weekly sales, or daily deals. Motivating the team to stay focused and lending help when needed is always a must. the team we have in the store makes for a positive atmosphere. We always have fun, and try to keep it more of a family as a work place. we like everyone to feel comfortable coming to work.

Pros

more like a family

Cons

Store closing

Great team members.

I enjoyed my time with value village, the team members are all great. Management- no communication, not alot of structure. Very fast paced, time efficiencies and company standards adhered to..

Pros

Fun days, benefits

Cons

No overtime, rate of pay didnt reflect hardwork and dedication to store and its core values.

A company that does give back

Savers does what it says: They give to their Non-profit partners; they give to the communities the stores are in; and they give back to the planet with the recycling programs. They are a for profit company and don't lie or hide behind it.

Pros

discounts, team member respect

Cons

always wants growth, and more

It was a great company for recycling

The recycling aspect is great and wonderful to see how it works. The money found benefits the staff with bbq's and tshirts to support events.

Lack of Teamwork

A typical day consisted of showing up to work on time and not having freedom to do your job right. I often took extra shifts, stayed past my 8 hour shift and worked double my work load when other employees wouldn't show up and never got a raise. I had one amazing supervisor who would allow you to multitask instead of standing around doing nothing at cash. Co-workers often took your shift, but wouldn't show up so you got written up for it, you were promised a certain position and then they gave it to someone else. There was no room for advancement.

The most enjoyable part of the job is watching the clients grow, which I was able to do during this internship.

2.9Job security/advancement