Value Village logo
Value Village

Value Village Employee Reviews in Brampton, ON

Found 21 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,738 reviews

Short

Part-time is horrible. Everyone hated the hours, how much it felt management was pushing you for all you were worth. High turnover rate. They will divide hours between part-time associates when unnecessary, such as hiring another part timer when they already have several and hours are scarce. Depressing to work at.

Lots of learning in one place.

I learned lots of work there . I start with cash then i learned there sorting, tagging in all fields cloth misc,shoes nick nack . rolling . It was so fun to work with value village team and lots of learning.

Fast paced environment that takes attention to detail.

Generally each day begins promptly, however tools are not always provided. Management is not always proactive and often leaves staff wandering around to get their needs met to complete their job description. There are opportunities for cross training and that helps prevent being stagnant in one area.

Productive and tiring of course

Hectic Schedules but very accommodating and lenient managers. Learned very good customer service. Understanding is great there and i love working with the staff.

Lots of loopholes to their system. Great coworkers though.

Way too easy for customers to rip the price tag off and get their way into buying an item for a cheaper price. You always have to be on the lookout for loss prevention. Their scheduling system really sucked. It was always handed out in slips of paper. Emailing is easier and theres less chance to lose it. It's super hard to get days off. You get sick days and vacation pay though which is awesome. A break every 2 hours which is really looking out for the employees.

Pros

Break every 2 hours, sick and vacation pay

Cons

On-call, CDC donations

Not enjoyable

Often over worked many staff members to save money, instead of scheduling more members to work. Many of my coworkers were unhappy coming to work every day, as was I.

Forced to resign to take vacation before having position for 12 months.

Although the staff and management at Value Village - Brampton location 2030, is amazing, I was forced to resign from my position to take a two week vacation in the summer. This was unfortunate because I loved my job as a value village team member and would reccomend it to anyone looking for a job. Great, understanding, and compassionate managers who work and strive to build all team members to their best potential.

Pros

Amazing management, OK hours, no uniform just basic and easy guidelines for appropriate clothing in the workplace

Cons

On call shifts

it was okay

it was an okay place to work at. The managers are quite nice sometimes. You definitely can find a warehouse job that is easier than this if you really wanted to.

Do a lot for canadian diabetes

I ran my own book dept...A typical day at work for me would be sort large carts of books, into categories (fiction, non-fiction etc) price them, roll them out to sales floor and put them on the shelves. log it on books tally sheet. I would cover on cash when needed. I would do exchanges, visa, mastercard and debit payments.. I also would help in housewares dept sorting product to go out to the sales floor, and would help in the soft dept sorting clothing, tagging and rolling racks.

awesome workplace

The whole team was a family, worked great together. This had been my first retail job therefore, it had taught me amazing customer service skills. The best part about being a CDC would be, talking to the donators. I loved hearing their stories about where their items came from.

Jobs at Value Village

in Brampton, ON
See more jobs

Fast Paced Environment

Fast paced environment , Always learned new things everyday and meeting new people. Heavy lifting over 150 pound was not my favorite but I enjoyed the people I worked with.

productive

Team members are hard working, friendly, respectful, and professional. It will give you an opportunity to express your opinion and a room to grow within a company.

Pros

flexible

Cons

far commute

Part time donation attendant

Disorganized, clothing and other items were always lying on the floor making it messy and hard to walk around without stepping on something. Also some staff was friendly some wasn't. Sometimes i didnt get a break or a lunch until right before my shift ends

Great workplace

Value Village was a great first job experience, I learned how to do deal with customers, operate the cash register and also how to manage the store when it's busy. The staff always worked well with each other.

Pros

Discount on clothing

Good people

Typical day involves warehouse activities. My c-workers are friendly and hard working.The hardest part of my job is the physical demands. The most enjoyable part of my job is customer interactions.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Physical demands

productive and fun experience in the workplace

i enjoyed working at value village and i was thankful to gain retail and customer service experience. my coworkers were really geneourus and the staff were friendly.

Pros

great staff

Cons

less hours

fun environment to work in, always feel welcome in my place of work

while at value village I learned how to get along with co-workers along with building a tolerance towards all customers. The management team was always very understanding when it came to there employees. The hardest part of the job was always the fitting rooms considering it was always busy due to the high amount of customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is always the team meetings. Its always great to spend time with the people you work with being able to create a bond with one another

Pros

discounts on store merchandise

Cons

short hours

Fun team environment with great benefits

My co-workers and meeting interesting and fun customers were the best part of my job. My day typically consisted of maintaining the store appearance, organizing, hanging, and cashier work.

Pros

Discounted store items

Up and Downs

Just like any other day at work it has its up and down's, also you're real fast/busy and then there's the empty days with any of the ways were 100 percent enjoyable. best thing I learn from this job would have to be my communication skills, to have more encouragement, to earn customers Honesty, Faith, and Trust cause not having that then I wouldn't be working in the right place. My Co-Wokers and Management team was the best every Fun, Caring and Open Minded. The only thing that I would have to say was the hardest part of my job working there was for my to Smile and the easiest and enjoyable part is working with the best team of co-workers and meeting alot of new people

Pros

Long Hours that were enjoyable

Cons

Lunches that weren't given when needed

Some of the employees are nice to work with

The work is very slow at times but I will always usually find something to work on.

Very flexible

- works around your time- can be very difficult- sometime stressful

Pros

workload

Cons

co workers

2.9Job security/advancement