Value Village logo
Value Village

Value Village Employee Reviews in Belleville, ON

Found 7 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,738 reviews

Great Job Loved the work and everything about it except management

I used to wake up and love going to work , management was poor and they made sure you felt like you were smaller then them . Their were a lot of good days but near the end the bad just outweighed the good . It was starting to be to much for even my young family, they all say family comes first but when the bottom dollar was involved Nothing really mattered. The management sucks the goodness and the hard work ethics out of young people because they want too or whatever the case may be . It'll always be a mystery now.

Pros

Great co workers pretty fast pace, profit sharing, christmas dinners

Cons

poor management, short hours for full time, worked randmom sundays, curtain people didnt get schedules, made stay late by the end of the shift without being discussed with first

Great people, bad managment, very physical

I actually loved my job at Value Village. its very fast paced and physical, but you can learn alot and train in multiple departments. Managment could be better, head office is unrealistic when it comes to sales and quota, large work load, low pay for the job but great benefits. Discount is awesome, overall it is a good job but it is hard work for pretty low pay.

Awesome place

Value village is a great place to work.. well respected by management and team members . Perfect job for high schools students. Upper management will accommodate you with your school schedule.

production worker

be nice to work for this company and meet new people plus I can learn to do stuff and have breaks and say gm every one plus get more hrs and I am available every day and put tags on clothing and do some shelves stock them

Pros

as long we get breaks

Cons

yes getting long hrs plus work weekends

Fun But Can Be Boring

They always want you to be faster and exhaust yourself. You don't get promoted or ever get a raise. You only get benefits if you are full time. You get fired for not enough hours because you're going to school. Rude Management.

Pros

Fun

Cons

Rude management

Fast paced, fun work enviroment

Fast paced enviroment with lots of multi-tasking and constant attention to detail. Been shown training methods as well as opening and closing procedures from all levels of management. Very close, friendly and knowledgable staff. Must keep up with sometimes very physical task requirements as well as keeping things organized and supervised properly. Enjoying being able to help customers as well as give back to the community throught our charity.

It was an alright job

Everyday I would be helping take in donations and bringing them to the back of the store I didnt learn much, just how to stack donations the value village way. Management was horrible at value village. Not a whole lot of communication. none of them got along with each other. I had very nice co-workers that would help me out lots when needed The hardest part was dealing with the managers The enjoyable part was making money and making friends at the job

Jobs at Value Village