Value Village logo
Value Village

Value Village Employee Reviews in Ajax, ON

Found 16 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,738 reviews

24/7 customer care Offloaded trucks, toke donations. Tuesdays were the busiest day due to promotion. Got along with management well Left company on good terms

Overworked and mismanaged. Injury rate high.

If you work in the back, they don't care if you are hurt, tired, overheating. They will always push you to work harder while they just stand there and bark orders. They will always short staff you because putting more people on the payroll costs money, and because they are always short staffed they will yell at you if you're sick or slow of exhaustion. Injury rate is HIGH there. Nothing you are lifting is conventional and you are doing it all day, everyday.

good

i learned a lot about customer service also charity work also i helped a lot of people get what their looking for also i got good retail experience i love it

Seasonal

Working at Value Village as a seasonal costume consultant was ok. I had great co workers but did not like the environment as it was smelly and dusty. I got a good amount of hours but I do not think I would return for the Halloween season.

Pros

discount

Cons

smelly, dusty, disorganized

Fun place to work

I started out as a part time sales clerk and quickly became a full time supervisor. There's lots of room for advancement, and its a very fun place to work.

Pros

Free Lunches, Halloween season

Smile, work hard and thank the customers for shopping at your store. Keep busy or ask for something to do. If there isn't anything to do. You can always sweep up or go gr

Pros

Free lunch

productive and fun workplace.

while working there staff and managers are always concerned about your well being and moral to work. also during holidays we were able to have the choice to work in costumes

Pros

free snacks

Bad management

The manager of the store is rotten and rude to the staff and the store is not well maintained. The staff quit a lot. But the problem with manager should be dealt with for the staff.

Pros

It, s a job

Cons

Manager sucks.

great people in a hard place

I found management to be excellent in skills such as hiring team members who fit the job and fit in with the team. I enjoyed the friendly open door attitude of management and felt i could always workshop and plan new ideas with my employers. Opportunity for advancement in the ways of further training and supervisor roles are many and available to those who wish to take them. the most enjoyable part of my job there was the feeling of really helping people especially our elderly customers, by providing carry outs etc. the hardest part of my day would be receiving shipments of donations from the Canadian diabetes association, trucks had to be offloaded as fast as possible and often meant missing a break to remain efficient. i enjoyed and felt i fit in well with the business casual culture of our workplace. the only frustration i had was the firmness of scheduling and difficulty negotiating days off as i worked full time and was one few team members able to operate machinery like a compactor or baler. overall a positive learning experience and i was sad to leave and pursue school.

Pros

great customers, lots of regulars

Cons

very demanding psychically, very dirty work

Amazing and Caring Company

Value Village was one of the best experiences of my life. They took me on when i was going through a bad time with my health and were completely understanding and flexible with hours when I needed to take days off or call in sick. Since then I have gotten my health back and had to unfortunately leave this amazing company due to moving, but I will forever look back on this company as the glue that held me together when everything was falling apart. I worked at the Ajax location, and the co-workers and management are unbelievably kind and make you feel like family there. The best part was seeing regulars and developing a good work relationship with both customers and my co-workers. Would certainly reccommend working here to anyone who values learning good customer service skills, working in a fast paced environment, and amazing people by your side. :)

Jobs at Value Village

in Ajax, ON
See more jobs

An enjoyable enviornment

Working at Value Village you will encounter a lot a people with different tastes in clothing, bed and bath, books and much more. Helping out customers and being able to approach them with confidence is what you will be able to accomplish at Value Village. The co workers are amazing and every one of them is ready to help you get to the next level to be better. No one is put down and respect is a major key.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Hard to keep up on tasks on a very busy day

Great place to work if you are a liked by management

Good benefits and over all an amazing team of people, but managers and supervisors tend to walk around doing nothing and gossip a lot about other employees, they act very immature and childish towards some customers. Sales staff is great.

Pros

great benefits, if you are liked by management you will enjoy it.

Cons

management gossips, picks favourites and can be rude to customers

Customers can be nice

Overall, this company offers lots of opportunity to learn. Customers can be hard to deal with. Management acts very much like high school students. Always talking about someone, how to get them fired. Complain a lot.Discount is good as well as benefits. Sometimes the expectations are set too high and you end up feeling like you can never do good enough. No positive feedback for management.

Pros

Benefits, Good discounts, lots to learn

Cons

Poor training, Insecure management team, no positive feedback for management

fun, easy going environment

a typical day at work would be starting out on cash and moving to the back to handle donations to cover the person on break or just be in the back for the whole shift. I learned that the Canadian Diabetes Association is partner of Value Village The co-workers were great, easy to get along with, fun and energetic the management was amazing, never felt uncomfortable going to the manager for help, all members of management were very approachable. The hardest part of the job was to deny the acceptance of items we couldn't take ex. mattresses, lighters firearms etc. The most enjoyable part of the job was working the back and seeing what great stuff people would donate to us.

Pros

great area, great staff, great time

Cons

commuting to ajax

physically demanding

A typical day at work involves a lot of lifting, twisting and walking. You will be on your feet all day; and most importantly you will be dealing with customers all day. If you like interacting with people this is the job for you.

Very simple place to work, but very low interpersonal people

I would recover the floor, sometimes i would help out with cash. But i found that the manager were unorganized and my co workers mad me feel like an out kast most of the time. The hardest part was working long hours with short breaks, but i love the independence of the job,

Pros

Provided food

Cons

Cast members

2.9Job security/advancement