Value Village logo

Value Village Employee Reviews in Abbotsford, BC

Abbotsford, BC7 reviews

2.9Pay & benefits

Found 7 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,733 reviews

Flexible work-life balance and a great management team

A day would start at the cash register, need to count the till to make sure the correct amount of cash is present. I learned how to work in a team and how to deal with angered customers in a polite and professional manner. The management is the best one I have ever worked for. They are always there to support every employee and treat everyone with equal respect.

Pros

Great co-workers

Cons

Filthy work environment

Boring, repetitive

this job is very repetitive I worked here for over a year and I got tired there pay raise is horrible and I had to literally wait until minimum wage to get pay raise and it still isn't enough. they aren't happy to switch and change or fix your days for you. very annoying, don't apply here.

Nice environment to work and the supervisors are respecful

Busy with customers of different background and preferences I learned how to operate the till and how to deal with customers everyday and different situations. Giving excellent services. The management of the store is excellent The hardest part of the job is dealing with people that have not respect for the employees and not increasing salary Meeting respectful people, learning different skills and the schedule is flexible.

Pros

Bonus

Cons

Low pay

Co-workers and customers great, bad managemnet

If you are NOT a pricer this is a very good job. If you are then you will hate it after 6 months. Management Will be nice at first and then get horrible after 5ish months.

Pros

Co-workers, benefits, occasional free lunch

Cons

Management sucks

One of the worst placed I've worked

I've done plenty of labor related jobs in the past and I've never worked for a company that cares less about their employees. Minimum wage for production and recycling workers even though its a labor intensive job, lousy benefits and impossible to reach bonus incentives. Raises were laughable and insulting. There is barely the needed amount of safety precautions in place, hazards are everywhere. Staff is not supplied with all they need to do the job safely and efficiently. Management is hostile and condescending towards staff, favoritism is rampant towards select staff. The work environment is poor and moral is almost never up. Do yourself a favor and don't bother applying for anything related to working with this company. Best part about the whole job was the steady hours and the few decent staff that worked there.

Pros

Steady Hours

Cons

Low pay, Poor and unsafe work environment, Bullying management

Worst job ever

Worst place I have ever worked at by far, discriminate against you, treat you like complete garbage.. does not care about you one bit, unfair to ALL employees, except the one or two favourited employees.

Benefits

Cons

Horrible supervisor

fun and hard work

Loved working their. My co-workers were very nice. Management was sometimes hard to deal with but I always had a smile. I learned about how quotas and sales reflect on company sales.

Pros

Free Chistmas dinners with prizes

Jobs at Value Village