Value Village logo
Value Village

Value Village Employee Reviews

Showing all 3,739 reviews

Great people great benefits

They have manygreat benefit options and the people there are all nice, and helpful when you're new or have questions. management is very flexible on your hours which is great if you are going to school

In my time at Savers I worked at four different locations in the Seattle area. I completely loved it. The management was wonderful. The supervisors were wonderful. It was an all inclusive business place. It was a very diverse company to work for and I loved every moment.

Pros

Potlucks. Good people. Great management.

Bad management bad pay

the companys management is weak and doesnt care about their employees, many employees have left due to management. customers are dangerous and unpleasant

its an ok place

Pretty average, I recommend any kid to work here if this is your first job but with all the stuff you do I wish the pay was higher. the vacation benefits are ok.

Horrible

The workers are trash you can expect to get bad things talked on you , employees spreading rumors an nobody doing anything about the stuff that goes on around there I would not recommend this job to anyone

Pros

There are no pros

Cons

To many cons

Wasn't ideal to say the least

Management was awful. No communication between different compartments. Some managers were quite rude.They really strive for you to be doing something the entire time you're on duty, even if there is nothing to do. It was really fun walking around a huge store for hours at a time picking clothes off the ground occasionally.

Pros

50% discount at store

Cons

Poor managment

The Diversity of emoyees

Savers gives disabled ppl and ppl from out of jail a chance to work.They give their workers freedom on the floor to do their job but the coworkers mind your business on your own job .Everyone gets assigned a specific spot so it’s their area.Coworkers have no business meddling in your work unless it effects theirs.

Pros

Freedom From Managers Breathing Down Your Neck

Cons

Your Coworkers Breathe Down Your Neck Instead;Especially If You Work Faster Than Them

It was extremely stressful very short-staffed and chaotic

It was absolutely insane we were really short staffed everywhere management was crazy always had someone down your back about everything and no slack whatsoever if you have bad anxiety like me don't take this job

Hours

It was a good place that was consistent with your 40 hours a week. If you were on the schedule you were an employee and locked in for that week with normal permanent hours.

Pros

Store discounts

Cons

Having to work by yourself in a department that could be sometimes overwhelming

Horrible management, horrible shifts

While working there for the first 2 months it was pretty great, just rolling carts all day seems pretty easy right? Wait until your unreliable team of rollers call in and you’re stuck by yourself rolling everything but of course they sometimes will give you someone else to work with but they them self won’t do the job right at all. I have brought this to my supervisor on many occasions but yet I feel like nothing is done the right way. They say “we are all family” but I hardly even know anyone and don’t consider them as “family”. Towards the end they all acted like children and a unprofessional, more call ins happening more frequently leaving me to the work by myself having to injure my ankle twice due to being left alone. When it’s just you rolling they will pile everything on top of each other and it’s never organized. They pretty much make it challenging for you to have a scheduled day off, they only allow 2 people for scheduling days off and if it’s taken they expect you to go in forcing you to call in. Associate and managers talk a lot of trash behind your back if you don’t follow their rules on having to call in or requesting days off. Personally I wouldn’t have written this review if none of this have had happened.

Cons

Management, associates

Jobs at Value Village

See more jobs

Very busy and rude customers most of the time..there are some great managers

Working there was somewhat fun but at the same time very stressful. There's always sales so customers will run in.. no matter what the weather is. It's definitely different than your average mall store .. it's a big donation store so you will find a lot of unpleasant things. Also the sales floor will always be messy, you will be bending over ALOT! Management: some are great.. others are ridiculous.. they're mostly stressed 90% of the time.. but it's savers soo..

Pros

Coworkers, free food sometimes

Cons

Rude daily customers, arguing over prices

Production

Working here is not something I would recommend. The best thing about it is the food selection on my lunch break and drive being not to far from my home. I feel like no one cares about your day and your expected to work as if the company is in your hands. It's also extremely unfair how they treat leaving on time like it is a privilege when in reality I should be able to go home exactly when I'm scheduled to everyday. Do I get paid overtime you ask? no.

Horrible unfriendly and biased staff

I worked at VV in Peterborough for over two years, and there was not a time which I enjoyed it. The environment eerily mirrored tv high school- with cliques and favorites for every manager. Value Village offers yearly raises, but that's about the only benefit to working there.

Pros

Yearly raises

Cons

Everything else about the job

I worked at savers for a few months and I really liked it. Management was amazing, breaks/lunches, great hours, and discounts on items you wanted to purchase.

Pros

Discounts, great hours, breaks/lunches

Cons

Its a good experienced for me to work on that kind of field

Like what I've said, it's a good experienced for me and also too much bosses working at Value Village, every bosses they have their own different wants and instructions.

Management pacifies customers over defending their cashiers

I'm a supervisor here and I think I'm one of the only ones who cares about team member morale. Upper management isn't afraid to make TMs cry, and doesn't have any consideration for their emotions ("leave it at the door" mentality) especially and including in times of crisis such as bereavement time, and harassment within the workplace. It's all allowed as long as you're making the company money, and your wage only increases by a max of 2 or 3 percent each year.

Pros

??? Lol the discount I guess

Cons

Public humiliation of TMs, HR that blames your anxiety meds and doesn't take your concerns seriously, little to no accountability for when you or someone else does something unsafe or wrong, on call system is garbage

Fine job

Fine job for awhile. Management was always great and very helpful. Sometimes too much change that didn’t make a whole lot of sense. But overall a find job for a first job or job to do while in college.

bad place to work was there for a year and got fired for personal reasons

very bad place to work Unless you like to be put under expectations which are impossible because management only cares about quotes which they can’t receive worst

Nice workplace

I was at the company for a very short period of time, just in between jobs. The training consisted of primarily videos. The company promotes the importance of working together a lot.

Fun but poor management

it was a fun job, you get to meet tons of different people and see lots of cool and antique items. the management was extremely poor however and led me to leave the job

Pros

fun

Cons

short break, poor management

Good Culture of Misfits, High Turnover

With such high turnover, it seems that management has mostly given up on training. There is a certain lethargy in upward mobility. Ask for a certain type of training, and they'll get around to it EVENTUALLY. Workers are mostly left to train each other, under the all-seeing eye.Now, it's assumed that this place processes used goods in a way that refurbishes and cleans them to make ready for public. In reality, much is saved, but, since we do not clean nor refurbish anything much is also tossed for the landfill. So if your heart is set on doing all you can to save materials, prepare for some disappointment. This large company has some modernizing to do.

Pros

Work with a diverse crew

Cons

Little training/upword mobility, minimum wage, high turnover

2.9Job security/advancement