Value Village logo
View all Value Village reviews

Value Village

Value Village Employee Review

Working in Production

A typical day working at value village was in the morning we would morning meets in the back area. We would be told our duties for the week then we were told to go clean the sales floor. After that we would come back into the production room and we were to sort threw all the new merchandise. We had a quota that had to be meet. When we were done we had to help price the new products.I learned how to work in a stressful environment and meet the expedations that were need to get done.The management that was at Value Village was very fair and good. If you did your work right they would tell you that you did a good job and if you weren't doing your work right then they would ask if there was something that they could help you with.Working with some of the co-workers was a lot of fun. There was different people I worked with. Some people were very serious about their job and only wanted to do work and go home. Others were more open to talk and have fun.The hardest part of my job would be sorting threw the merchandise. It was very hard on your body.The most enjoyable part of my work was working with all the people. I made some great friends there.

Pros

50% off all merchandise.

Cons

physically challenging on the body.

5.0Job security/advancement

Same role

bad place to work was there for a year and got fired for personal reasons

very bad place to work Unless you like to be put under expectations which are impossible because management only cares about quotes which they can’t receive worst

Same role

High turnover, raises are minimal.

Worked there for over a year. Work was fast paced and difficult, management always expected more from us. Raises were yearly, up to 3% generally, but you rarely maxed out. When minimum wage would go up, you'd be back to making about the same as the new hires.

Pros

Discounts?

Cons

management was hard to satisfy.
Same location

waste of 4 years

I was here for a few years. Lots and lots of favoritism throughout the entire store. If you work hard you get dumped on. I was spoken to unprofessionally by managers many times throughout my job at Value Village. Including when I quit. In fact I was laughed at. There are no boundaries. I do not recommend working here.

Pros

coworkers are lovely, employee discount

Cons

treated unfairly, behind-back talking, short hours

2.9Job security/advancement