Value Village
Savers/Value Village
Value Village Employee Review

Very fast paced and productive

11 February 2021
I liked working there but I definitely don’t think workers are getting paid nearly enough for the amount of time and energy we put into work. Hard job
3.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Schedule flexibility
30 December 2020
Same role
Sorter/Hanger (Former Employee) - Windsor, ON
If you work in the back it's dirty, back breaking work. It will do a number on your body. You are always sick due to tge disgusting things that come in donation bags. Management is terrible and has little to no control over the staff. I was injured on the job due to management cutting saftey corners and the company treated me terribly while I tried to heal from the injury they caused.
Cons
Dirty, poor management, bad environment
24 August 2020
Same role
Sorter (Former Employee) - Québec City, QC
Upper management is the reason all the negative ratings are the same. Even though their from people all over Canada. If they cared about the general staff, so would the lower management. It all trickles down. You eventually will feel what it means to be exploited. You forget you are doing a job and expect payment in return. They will soon make you feel you owe them.
Pros
You will learn to know how you don't want to be treated.
Cons
Supervisors are encouraged to stand behind you, while working to intimidate employees to work faster.
29 September 2020
Same location
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) - St. John's, NL
I really did not enjoy working here. it was very stressful and none of the managers seem to be on the same page about anything. the building is very dirty.
Pros
Free lunch if you're employee of the week
Cons
long hours. they will keep you way past closing
  1. Very fast paced and productive