Value Village
View all Value Village reviews

Value Village

Value Village Employee Review

Unsatisfactory workplace

The managers there were rude and treated people poorly. There was workplace harassment with coworkers and it wasn't handled to their procedures. I would never recommend working at Value Village. I don't even go shopping there anymore either.

1.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Alright work place

I used to work for this company I was there June 13th-September 3rd they let me go because allPositions were full, it was very upsetting because I got used the the schedule and the people I worked with but I will not be returning even if they decide to callMe back. They hire people and let go of people all the time not the best company

Pros

Great co-workers great Management

Cons

Poor environment
Same role

Don't work here lol

The managers are incredibly rude to both staff and customers, and racially profile potential shoplifters. They do not pay well enough for the physical and mental toll that the job takes.
Same location

Great opportunities to advance, but way underpaid.

I was at Value Village long enough to earn a promotion. The job itself is fine customer service and clean up after customers. The supervisors are not paid nearly enough (a couple dollars over minimum wage) to manage the front end staff AND deal with the clientele that value village attracts. All Value Village management are told they are not allowed to hand out references for ex employees, so steer clear if you're looking for a good reference. There's a sense of competition and resentment between front end staff and production staff that is not mitigated by the store managers at all. In the end, Value village is a great place to start out a career in management as they often promote from within.

Pros

Great opportunities for advancement

Cons

Stressful customers, management cant give references

2.9Job security/advancement