Value Village
Savers/Value Village
Value Village Employee Review

Unprofesional

3 September 2020
Hiring manager was rude and unprofessional with first thing said on phone being "what do you want?" in a haughty tone and a dismiss "I'm busy, call later." She also did not reply to emails. Was left on hold for over eight minutes only to be hung up on by someone who couldn't be bothered to say more than "that's not my area." Absolute waste of time. Would not recommend applying or speaking to the people who work there.
1.0Job security/advancement
16 June 2021
Production Worker (Former Employee) - Kelowna, BC
Worked there for over a year. Work was fast paced and difficult, management always expected more from us. Raises were yearly, up to 3% generally, but you rarely maxed out. When minimum wage would go up, you'd be back to making about the same as the new hires.
Pros
Discounts?
Cons
management was hard to satisfy.
14 June 2021
Production Worker (Former Employee) - Barrhaven, ON
I worked at value village for two weeks and I had to quit immediately. I worked as a production associate where I sorted through thousands of donations. It’s a literal sweat shop. Management gives you unrealistic goals and quotas and we work ourselves to the bone and barely get any positive feedback. The job will literally kill you.
Pros
Consistent schedule, have weekends off, nice co workers
Cons
Management, toxic environment, underpaid
13 May 2021
Production Worker (Former Employee) - Moncton, NB
Not as great as they pretend to be. Too much work and definitely not paid for it. They will try to take advantage of you if they know they can. Says one thing but does another, very secretive.
Pros
Benefits and weekends off