Value Village logo
Value Village
View all Value Village reviews

Value Village

Value Village Employee Review

Under paid and does not respect scheduling requests

Hired as a part time worker but too often scheduled for full time hours without permission. I am not working full time hours consistently, I do not receive benefits. This employer has absolutely zero respect for days off booked even in advanced and releases finalized schedules as soon as 1 week in advance.

2.0Job security/advancement

Same role

It was extremely stressful very short-staffed and chaotic

It was absolutely insane we were really short staffed everywhere management was crazy always had someone down your back about everything and no slack whatsoever if you have bad anxiety like me don't take this job
Same role

Its a good experienced for me to work on that kind of field

Like what I've said, it's a good experienced for me and also too much bosses working at Value Village, every bosses they have their own different wants and instructions.
Same location

Physically demanding without appropriate rotation of duties

High turnover of staff due to working conditions. Poor management. Half the floor staff works hard, half doesn't work at all. You are expected to move thousands of items per week. This is an extremely demanding job physically. Staff is generally frustrated and burnt out. You will be subjected to abusive patrons who come in frequently to steal as much as they can and you are not able to address this appropriately due to store rules.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

You will need the medical benefits to have regular visits for pain caused by overexertion.

2.9Job security/advancement

Compare Value Village with

• Value Village
  • Under paid and does not respect scheduling requests