Value Village logo
View all Value Village reviews

Value Village

Value Village Employee Review

Try It Out

Every person is looking for something different, and this job is the perfect fit for almost anyone!! Very flexible hours, lots of different positions. Fast paced environment makes time go by very fast! :)

5.0Job security/advancement

Same roleSame location

Fun, fast hands on learning and customer service

I would usually walk in 10-15mins before work, sometimes a half hour. Clock in when my shift started, than go to cashier position, and some days I would be training someone on the cash register, and some days I would be just working the cash register, including the floor. Example: Picking up product that was moved or fell onto the floor, and re-hang it. I always enjoyed working with my co-workers, had lots of fun on the job, and always closed perfect every night. The hardest part of the job was probably fitting rooms. Where all the clothes people who tried on and didn't want would leave in the changing room, and we would have to go and clean it up than organize it in a small space, to take back out on the floor, which also by organizing was color on the price tags. The most enjoyable part of the job, was when I was working on the cash register helping out customer needs, than receiving a little gold pin for best customer service of the month.

Pros

Two fifth teen minute breaks, plus a half hour lunch break.

Cons

How messy the store got at the end of the night, and particular employees kind of felt hopeless to clean.
Same location

First job, training wheels for patience.

Honestly when I started at value village, I throught i struck gold with my first job, working at a thrift store i loved shopping at. My thoughts we're quickly dashed. All they cared about is Numbers, numbers, numbers and dont give a lick about you. You are treated like the stuff you sort on the table TRASH. Policies change DAILY, so if something was ok one day thatcsame thing could get you fired the next. I had safety concerns when i worked there and when i told them it was swept under the rug. Driving a forklift in a PACKED warehouse, stuff falling over, no dumpster space, trucks not showing up and people yelling at you from production for stuff constantly. I dunno maybe a cashier would be better, but avoid the "Recycler" position unless you want to have a nervous meltdown. Front store staff and alot of production staff are absolute sweethearts EXCEPT for the supervisors. They love to micro manage. AVOID THIS PLACE!
Same location

bad management, stressful, and underpaid

So overwhelming for just minimum wage! Management is constantly staring at you well you work. Worst job i ever had!...................................

Pros

Morning shifts

Cons

Under paid and bad management

2.9Job security/advancement