Value Village logo
Value Village
View all Value Village reviews

Value Village

Value Village Employee Review

This job was a lot of fun!

I had this as a temporary/summer job. It started off as part-time, Monday to Friday, and then i went to full-time when it was needed.I worked as production, which means i was in the back for half the day. In the back we sorted, tagged, priced and organized clothing, toys, electronics, housewares, books, and much more. It was a interesting job, there was always something different being dropped off everyday.My management team was great, they were always willing to be on the floor working with us and helping out when/where we needed it.The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the quota. We would sort through large carts and we had a minimum of what needed to be done. If you had a partner that you "clicked" with then it would be very easy. You would work together very well. Much like most work places you would sometimes be working beside someone you may not get along the best with. When this happened it was more difficult to meet quota and sometimes hard to coordinate yourself with the other person. In cases like this, we would just meet in the middle and try our best to get the work done.The most enjoyable part was that everyone was very happy and fun. When we got silly stuff donated, such as masks or costumes, someone would put it on and dance around. Our management team was okay with this but only for s few minutes, and then it was back to work.

2.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Very fast paced and productive

I liked working there but I definitely don’t think workers are getting paid nearly enough for the amount of time and energy we put into work. Hard job

Pros

Schedule flexibility

Same role

Best to avoid working here

If you work in the back it's dirty, back breaking work. It will do a number on your body. You are always sick due to tge disgusting things that come in donation bags. Management is terrible and has little to no control over the staff. I was injured on the job due to management cutting saftey corners and the company treated me terribly while I tried to heal from the injury they caused.

Cons

Dirty, poor management, bad environment
Same location

waste of 4 years

I was here for a few years. Lots and lots of favoritism throughout the entire store. If you work hard you get dumped on. I was spoken to unprofessionally by managers many times throughout my job at Value Village. Including when I quit. In fact I was laughed at. There are no boundaries. I do not recommend working here.

Pros

coworkers are lovely, employee discount

Cons

treated unfairly, behind-back talking, short hours

2.9Job security/advancement

Compare Value Village with

• Value Village
  • This job was a lot of fun!