Value Village
Savers/Value Village
Value Village Employee Review

The worst company I have ever had the displeasure of working for

8 March 2021
This is legitimately the worst company I have yet to work for. Management is extremely disrespectful and condescending to team members, they overwork and underpay workers for their expectations, they treat workers like machines rather than people, and despite having an open door policy they refuse to listen to anyone who isn't a member of management and always end up excusing them of any reports or complaints, where as team members would be fired on the spot without a second to defend themselves or explain the situation. Management tries to hold production members accountable for their own jobs, and insinuates wrongful terminations if you speak out about their tyranny and unrealistic expectations. If I could give this company negative stars I would've. This job does nothing but damage it's workers physical and mental health, they have alright benefits, but that's just about the only thing going for them, as even to utilize your discount or to even purchase any items they must be on the sales floor for 48 hours. They also refuse to listen to your work availability and force you to work shifts even if you've communicated your situations to them.
1.0Job security/advancement
Pros
okay benefits, 50% discount on soft goods, 30% discount on housewares
Cons
disrespectful management, little pay, overworks, unfair treatment, unsafe work conditions and work environment
13 May 2021
Same role
Production Worker (Former Employee) - Moncton, NB
Not as great as they pretend to be. Too much work and definitely not paid for it. They will try to take advantage of you if they know they can. Says one thing but does another, very secretive.
Pros
Benefits and weekends off
29 April 2021
Same role
Production Worker (Current Employee) - South Vancouver
Blind leading the blind is their training method here when you work in this place. You have a laziest managers and supervisors that pretends to know everything. All they care about is you reaching your job quota and sales so they get their bonuses. Also, managers and supervisors pays favouritism when it comes to staff and who gets higher hourly pays.. Most employees who has been there for over two years still gets minimum wage. If you do get a little pay raise, manager will talk to you not to say anything to others. Also, management don't trust their employess and question them when they call in sick. Seriously, do work here and see what I'm talking about.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes and staff discount
Cons
Too many to list but basically they will treat you like a slave period unless they like you.
20 March 2020
Same location
Cashier (Former Employee) - Red Deer, AB
Customers & benefits were definitely the best part. Explaining why staff allowed shoplifters to steal right in front of our faces (by the cart loads) and the paying customers watched & reported to staff which people were theives & staff done NOTHING BUT WATCH and made other shoppers PAY. Unfair to consumers to see, report & done NOTHING; as if tge staff did nit care. Staff. Hated this part of tge unfairness to our caring customers
  1. The worst company I have ever had the displeasure of working for