Value Village logo
View all Value Village reviews

Value Village

Value Village Employee Review

Terrrible Management

Fired staff continuasly because the company was doing terrible, terrible values, very dirty work, blood all over the floor

Pros

free food

Cons

not a lot of hours

1.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Fast paced environment that takes attention to detail.

Generally each day begins promptly, however tools are not always provided. Management is not always proactive and often leaves staff wandering around to get their needs met to complete their job description. There are opportunities for cross training and that helps prevent being stagnant in one area.
Same role

10/10 Job Environment!

Every day I look forward to going to work! This has been one of the only jobs where I have been exceedingly excited to see the staff and customers at Value Village. The managers at the Pembina location are extremely polite, and handle every situation with maturity and professionalism. The staff is fun to work with, and makes sure customers feel welcomed at all times! The company is very understanding when days have to booked off, or when a shift is cancelled last minute. An overall great environment!

Pros

Understanding staff and management

Cons

Few rude customers (very rare)
Same location

waste of 4 years

I was here for a few years. Lots and lots of favoritism throughout the entire store. If you work hard you get dumped on. I was spoken to unprofessionally by managers many times throughout my job at Value Village. Including when I quit. In fact I was laughed at. There are no boundaries. I do not recommend working here.

Pros

coworkers are lovely, employee discount

Cons

treated unfairly, behind-back talking, short hours

2.9Job security/advancement