Value Village logo
Value Village
View all Value Village reviews

Value Village

Value Village Employee Review

terrible would not reccomened to anyone

i would not recommend this place to anyone. The management and staff at this place are horrible and they do not do anything to benefit their staff they cut corner where they can just to save a buck. terrible place to work turnover rate is insanely high and for good reason.

Pros

some of the workers

Cons

everything

1.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Stressful and demanding place

Value was a good experience since we had to deal with a lot, but Id see team members including me run back and fourth getting injured and feeling exhausted just to be treated like we were nothing by the customers. Most team members and female manager/supervisor had to deal with a lot of terrible customers while the male manager/CEO didn't face much. being payed minimum wage for 8 hours a day after we run everywhere, deal with everything during a really busy day while understaffed wasn't fun. The management have to start listening to us since sometimes people who work there dont due their jobs.

Pros

Good co workers, good experience

Cons

Customers, management, safety and health of the team members, stressful
Same role

Hard work.

A typical day at work is hard.A lot of work you need to do in short time, and lack of employees.The supervisor is always in bad mood.High employee turnover.
Same location

First job, training wheels for patience.

Honestly when I started at value village, I throught i struck gold with my first job, working at a thrift store i loved shopping at. My thoughts we're quickly dashed. All they cared about is Numbers, numbers, numbers and dont give a lick about you. You are treated like the stuff you sort on the table TRASH. Policies change DAILY, so if something was ok one day thatcsame thing could get you fired the next. I had safety concerns when i worked there and when i told them it was swept under the rug. Driving a forklift in a PACKED warehouse, stuff falling over, no dumpster space, trucks not showing up and people yelling at you from production for stuff constantly. I dunno maybe a cashier would be better, but avoid the "Recycler" position unless you want to have a nervous meltdown. Front store staff and alot of production staff are absolute sweethearts EXCEPT for the supervisors. They love to micro manage. AVOID THIS PLACE!

2.9Job security/advancement

Compare Value Village with

• Value Village
  • terrible would not reccomened to anyone