Value Village logo
View all Value Village reviews

Value Village

Value Village Employee Review

Terrible Place

Management is awful and punishes their employees for every wrong move. The atmosphere is depressing and the employees aren't happy. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Pros

Cons

Terrible Management

1.0Job security/advancement

Same role

fast faced and physical inclined job

its a fast faced environment that makes you do more that one actual job. I do baler machine operator , product sorter, donation receiver and clothes merchaniser as well
Same location

First job, training wheels for patience.

Honestly when I started at value village, I throught i struck gold with my first job, working at a thrift store i loved shopping at. My thoughts we're quickly dashed. All they cared about is Numbers, numbers, numbers and dont give a lick about you. You are treated like the stuff you sort on the table TRASH. Policies change DAILY, so if something was ok one day thatcsame thing could get you fired the next. I had safety concerns when i worked there and when i told them it was swept under the rug. Driving a forklift in a PACKED warehouse, stuff falling over, no dumpster space, trucks not showing up and people yelling at you from production for stuff constantly. I dunno maybe a cashier would be better, but avoid the "Recycler" position unless you want to have a nervous meltdown. Front store staff and alot of production staff are absolute sweethearts EXCEPT for the supervisors. They love to micro manage. AVOID THIS PLACE!
Same location

bad management, stressful, and underpaid

So overwhelming for just minimum wage! Management is constantly staring at you well you work. Worst job i ever had!...................................

Pros

Morning shifts

Cons

Under paid and bad management

2.9Job security/advancement