Value Village
Savers/Value Village
Value Village Employee Review

Super fun and challenging place to work

3 May 2020
Very busy in the back room but it was a fun kind of challenge. There is opportunity to grow within the company if you apply yourself. They are always slightly understaffed so it is difficult to get time off.
4.0Job security/advancement
4 January 2021
Same role
Recycler (Former Employee) - Barrie, ON
Hated working here was in and out of the office because few people didn't like me. Had to apologize for things not my fault or didn't do. And management was joke so was safety
Pros
Get treated like trash
Cons
To many to list
14 April 2020
Same role
Recycler (Former Employee) - Halifax, NS
Honestly when I started at value village, I throught i struck gold with my first job, working at a thrift store i loved shopping at. My thoughts we're quickly dashed. All they cared about is Numbers, numbers, numbers and dont give a lick about you. You are treated like the stuff you sort on the table TRASH. Policies change DAILY, so if something was ok one day thatcsame thing could get you fired the next. I had safety concerns when i worked there and when i told them it was swept under the rug. Driving a forklift in a PACKED warehouse, stuff falling over, no dumpster space, trucks not showing up and people yelling at you from production for stuff constantly. I dunno maybe a cashier would be better, but avoid the "Recycler" position unless you want to have a nervous meltdown. Front store staff and alot of production staff are absolute sweethearts EXCEPT for the supervisors. They love to micro manage. AVOID THIS PLACE!
8 January 2021
Same location
Sales Associate (Former Employee) - Stoney Creek, ON
I had such a bad experience working here. The environment is stressful and all your coworkers make you feel bad about being stressed and will be rude to each other instead of helping each other out. Managers would toy with my anxiety and single me out for no reason. At one point while closing, a manager told other workers not to help and get their things while I was stuck doing a very long task by myself the entire time. Eventually telling me stop because it wasn’t going to get done without help, and I clocked out. I had such a bad panic attack that night. Only a few coworkers we’re actually nice and hated it there just as much. I think I only had one nice manager my entire time being there. Very stressful, unwelcoming, and unkind work environment.
Pros
None, don’t work here.
Cons
Everything, management, co workers, environment.
  1. Super fun and challenging place to work