Value Village
Savers/Value Village
Value Village Employee Review

sotre manager was hard to work with, bu my supervisors were nice

1 November 2020
Personally, I liked working there because of some of the benefits and I thrift often so it was kinda a win-win situation, however, if you're not into it it's hard to stay. the managers are often accommodating and easy to work with however some choices made by the store manager are rather questionable and tend to put a strain on staff members.
3.0Job security/advancement
Pros
discounts
21 April 2021
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) - Edmonton, AB
Terrible management. Zero respect, yet they don’t like it when you defend yourself or others. Harassment at its finest even if you email HR, they won’t get back to you. 9/10 staff members are more like family They do not care if customers treat you poorly
Pros
Discounts and frequent customers
Cons
Management refuse to be retrained
1 April 2021
Sales Associate (Current Employee) - Toronto, ON
I started working here since 2017, I have no problem to my co-workers and supervisor, they’re sooooo nice and helpful. But the store manager is really strict when it comes to work well i understand him but the thing is he make his own rules in the store that’s why it’s more confusing. He always check camera’s in the office so he can see a lot of team member who’s truly responsible. The only thing I don’t want with him is the way he talked behind’s back, he doesn’t direct you the problem. Been working here almost 3 years but I haven’t receive salary up ... I mean it’s only increasing cents .. also if you don’t have patient to other this is not for youu..
Pros
Long hours, fun workplace
Cons
No salary increase, rude customers, too many rules for employees
8 January 2021
Sales Associate (Former Employee) - Stoney Creek, ON
I had such a bad experience working here. The environment is stressful and all your coworkers make you feel bad about being stressed and will be rude to each other instead of helping each other out. Managers would toy with my anxiety and single me out for no reason. At one point while closing, a manager told other workers not to help and get their things while I was stuck doing a very long task by myself the entire time. Eventually telling me stop because it wasn’t going to get done without help, and I clocked out. I had such a bad panic attack that night. Only a few coworkers we’re actually nice and hated it there just as much. I think I only had one nice manager my entire time being there. Very stressful, unwelcoming, and unkind work environment.
Pros
None, don’t work here.
Cons
Everything, management, co workers, environment.
  1. sotre manager was hard to work with, bu my supervisors were nice