Value Village logo
View all Value Village reviews

Value Village

Value Village Employee Review

Save Yourself the Pain

Awful management. My location jumped between 3 different store managers in the year and few months that I worked there. Hard work is NEVER recognized. Worked myself to the point of exhaustion without receiving a simple 'thank you". Management will hang promotions over your head and never fall through with them. Was regularly told I was not doing a good enough job. Scheduling was a nightmare. As a full-time employee I was only receiving about 30 hours a week. Later found out that management was talking about me behind my back after I complained about not having enough hours.

Pros

Good discount

Cons

Long shifts, always on your feet, awful managment

1.0Job security/advancement

Same role

fast paced but nice to work there

merchandise bed and bath. helping with merchandising of store most of the time, Set up the bagged area . Staff were good to work with .Cashier duties and customer service. enjoyed working with customers.

Pros

good work place and had free lunches once a month

Cons

sometimes very cold when working in the back room
Same role

Horrible place to work - you will hate your life

Value Village on Ottawa Street is a horrible place to work. Management does not care about the well-being or safety of their employees. Staff are overworked for minimum wage. The store manager only cares about money. She consistently blamed young woman for comments male customers would make towards them when they uncomfortable. Nor did she care about the safety of her staff during a pandemic.Overall, stay away.
Same location

Poor job culture

Everyone hates working there, which makes you hate being there. A lot of people slack off, so if you are a hard worker, you end up having to pick up other people's jobs. People call in sick almost every shift and puts everyone in a bad position and mood

2.9Job security/advancement