Value Village logo
Value Village
View all Value Village reviews

Value Village

Value Village Employee Review

Sales floor is active and exciting

Most days start with doing all cash functions for previous days sales. This would be one of the first things learned in training. Continual and ongoing training for cashiers and supervisor on a hands on style every day. I had an awesome team who picked up on required programs with a minimum of difficulty. Store management focus tended to be on the production room and as a consequence we did not interact as much as I would have preferred. The most difficult part of this position was finding people who were interested in working for us. The most enjoyable part was seeing the results of training team members and the privilege of promoting from within.

3.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Great team, terrible managers.

Worst micro-managing I've experienced in my career. Salary is so low for what you are expected to do. No one they are basically handing out management roles. If you could I would recommend staying away from the Great lakes district. The district manager is either distant, or constantly in your face. Quite evident she was handed the position out of lack therefore or candidates.

Pros

The team

Cons

Long hours, managers can make or break your experince. Low pay.
Same role

Fun, Creative, Stressful

Overall was a fun place to work. Loved being there for Halloween because you got to dress up in costumes basically the whole month. Lots of busy days and lots of downtime to. best part was how fast days went when busy. Loved sale days. Worst part is how many shoplifters come in daily.
Same location

Awesome place to work.

I had such a learning experience. Manager at Penticton Value Village is so fair and works right with the staff. Learned a lot about how Value Village gives back to communities.

Pros

Learning how the donations work.

Cons

LP rules

2.9Job security/advancement

Compare Value Village with

• Value Village
  • Sales floor is active and exciting