Value Village logo
View all Value Village reviews

Value Village

Value Village Employee Review

Really Bad

This company is extremely toxic towards its employees, and the management is just terrible. You are on your feet all day, and get paid barely above minimum wage. They schedule you in just below full time (if you are part time) so that they get the benefits and you don't. This place is a joke with how they preach about family, community and acceptance. Management and supervisors are very passive aggressive, and gossip about employees as if in high school. Extremely unprofessional. Save yourself the stress, low self-esteem and wasted time. Do not apply or work here.

Pros

Sometimes free lunches

Cons

Everything else

1.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Productive and fun workplace but not very good with hours.

When I worked there it was a fun and productive job. I enjoyed it alot, aside from they did not listen to my needs. I was hired as part time (due to medical reasons I can't work more than that) they put me in for 8-9 hours a day 5-6 days a week. When I tried to talk about it they started scheduling me for more shifts/hours.

Pros

Great co-workers

Cons

Long hours and disregard for overworking staff.
Same role

Not safe and pay is bad

You move heavy materials from dirty bins and sort them out. This is a really rough job and all you do is stand up all day. Moving all the time - fast fast and fast. For minimum wages??? Look elsewhere!!!

Pros

Weekdays only

Cons

DUST Bed Bugs and miserable staff. Managers are rich, mean and do nothing.
Same location

I enjoy working there

It is a great time to work at Value Village, but as expected of all workplaces, there are some down sides as well. As for my job interview, I applied, went for two interviews and was hired in the span of five hours.

2.9Job security/advancement