Value Village logo
Happiness score is 51 out of 100Below average
View all Value Village reviews

Value Village

Value Village Employee Review

One of the best companies I've ever worked for.They are a growth company which is nice.

Pros

great comission and benfits package

5.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Great team, terrible managers.

Worst micro-managing I've experienced in my career. Salary is so low for what you are expected to do. No one they are basically handing out management roles. If you could I would recommend staying away from the Great lakes district. The district manager is either distant, or constantly in your face. Quite evident she was handed the position out of lack therefore or candidates.

Pros

The team

Cons

Long hours, managers can make or break your experince. Low pay.
Same role

Fun, Creative, Stressful

Overall was a fun place to work. Loved being there for Halloween because you got to dress up in costumes basically the whole month. Lots of busy days and lots of downtime to. best part was how fast days went when busy. Loved sale days. Worst part is how many shoplifters come in daily.
Same location

First job, training wheels for patience.

Honestly when I started at value village, I throught i struck gold with my first job, working at a thrift store i loved shopping at. My thoughts we're quickly dashed. All they cared about is Numbers, numbers, numbers and dont give a lick about you. You are treated like the stuff you sort on the table TRASH. Policies change DAILY, so if something was ok one day thatcsame thing could get you fired the next. I had safety concerns when i worked there and when i told them it was swept under the rug. Driving a forklift in a PACKED warehouse, stuff falling over, no dumpster space, trucks not showing up and people yelling at you from production for stuff constantly. I dunno maybe a cashier would be better, but avoid the "Recycler" position unless you want to have a nervous meltdown. Front store staff and alot of production staff are absolute sweethearts EXCEPT for the supervisors. They love to micro manage. AVOID THIS PLACE!

2.9Job security/advancement